Mid-Ohio April

Yes but let me know who all I need to tech. It is going to be a very busy Friday evening. I doubt I will have time on Saturday morning to do any tech.[/quote]
I signed up through registration for tech inspection. Had planned to get this done on friday during the day. Not sure if it needs to be you or not. Had planned to be there thursday night so I can spend most of the day friday figuring everything out.

Yes but let me know who all I need to tech. It is going to be a very busy Friday evening. I doubt I will have time on Saturday morning to do any tech.[/quote]
I signed up through registration for tech inspection. Had planned to get this done on friday during the day. Not sure if it needs to be you or not. Had planned to be there thursday night so I can spend most of the day friday figuring everything out.[/quote]

There is no need to pay NASA for tech. I can do it Friday evening for free. Hopefully you already have a log book. If not I can still handle it. In addition, FasTech can do it as well in Dublin for most likely a nominal fee. Take a look at Great Lakes NASA site and see where the tech are close to you. Shoot me an email with specifics and we can discuss it.

[quote=“ilateapex” post=64153]

I will need to be tech’d if possible :slight_smile:

[quote=“Elephant4” post=64162][quote=“ilateapex” post=64153]

I will need to be tech’d if possible :)[/quote]

I don’t provide tech for Hoosier’s

U of L and U of K fan!

[quote=“ilateapex” post=64163]
I don’t provide tech for Hoosier’s

U of L and U of K fan![/quote]

Ha, I’m a Butler alum I’m not a fan of the Hoosiers either.

I already paid for it. Was assuming that was required since NASA dinged me for a comp license AND a membership fee.

I do not have a log book. This is a new car that I built.

I bet if you email Lynda, she can give you a refund for the tech if you don’t use it (or a credit toward the next entry fee).

Who is Lynda?

Who is Lynda?[/quote]

Lynda is the registrar for Mid-West and Great Lakes regions. She is very easy to deal with and willing to hold credit till your next event. You should be able to find her contact info on Great Lakes website.

Having a new built car get it’s first annual at the track is a risky proposition sometimes. Is something is not right there is no time to get it repaired. All the series directors should be capable of doing an annual tech. I would assume most stick to their flock but you may be able to find another series director that is close to you and convince them to give you the annual prior to arriving at the track. Not sure where your location is but there are also registered tech shops that can do it.

I’ll need to be teched Friday and will show up whenever is convenient. Thanks Michael

Who is Lynda?[/quote]

Lynda is the registrar for Mid-West and Great Lakes regions. She is very easy to deal with and willing to hold credit till your next event. You should be able to find her contact info on Great Lakes website.

Having a new built car get it’s first annual at the track is a risky proposition sometimes. Is something is not right there is no time to get it repaired. All the series directors should be capable of doing an annual tech. I would assume most stick to their flock but you may be able to find another series director that is close to you and convince them to give you the annual prior to arriving at the track. Not sure where your location is but there are also registered tech shops that can do it.[/quote]

See this is what I’ve been concerned about. There are two shops even remotely close to me for this annual tech. Both places don’t answer the phone, nor do they answer email.

I wanted this done already. No desire to have it done at the track, but I’m not left with many options.

Won’t exactly be a happy camper if I spend all the cash to come out there for some tech guy to tell me there is something I haven’t done that I can’t fix at the track.

That very thing has happened in the past. When it comes to safety there is no wiggle room in the rules. For a newly built car especially, all the welds will be inspected on the cage with a mirror, this seems to be the biggest obsticle. Kill switch must work propertly, padding around driver must be correct, catch cans, electrical terminals covered, etc. My advice would be to review the tech sheet very well and have a buddy handy around cars do a tech and ask him to find something wrong. He should be able to find it.

There have been cars that have passed tech for years and then it is found that they did not have 360* welds on required bars and were not allowed to race. If your cage is custom built I would pay attention to the details showing where the diaganol in the main hoop has to be and in what plane and how far from the corner. There is a lot of detail in the first annual. Feel free to call or email and I can give you some more insight.

[quote=“ilateapex” post=64189]That very thing has happened in the past. When it comes to safety there is no wiggle room in the rules. For a newly built car especially, all the welds will be inspected on the cage with a mirror, this seems to be the biggest obsticle. Kill switch must work propertly, padding around driver must be correct, catch cans, electrical terminals covered, etc. My advice would be to review the tech sheet very well and have a buddy handy around cars do a tech and ask him to find something wrong. He should be able to find it.

There have been cars that have passed tech for years and then it is found that they did not have 360* welds on required bars and were not allowed to race. If your cage is custom built I would pay attention to the details showing where the diaganol in the main hoop has to be and in what plane and how far from the corner. There is a lot of detail in the first annual. Feel free to call or email and I can give you some more insight.[/quote]

Not worried about the cage. The cage builder has done enough championship cars I doubt it would be an issue.

I was told that people would have drills to check the cage thickness.

Again, I don’t live near anyone, so this is difficult.

I think it specifies in the CCR where to drill the holes. Or at least which bars. I would pre-drill the holes or bring a cordless drill and a good bit to do it at tech.

Michael, When are you going to arrive Friday of Mid-Ohio? Looks like again you will be teching most of the region, and I would like to fit your schedule so you’re not their till midnight.

There was arguement here before about this very issue that was never resolved. I was told not to drill anything because the CCR basically states that ALL the tubes need to be drilled which is ridiculous.

I can bring my drill and chinese bits. That’s all I have.

I should be there around 4 to 5. If those that need me to tech them would give me a shout and let me know what time they plan to arrive it may help schedule things better. I would guess some of the tech will take place in the hotel parking lot like last year. I know I am teching Simon, John and you Denny but don’t remember who else.

Foglght, do you plan to keep your appointment with NASA Tech or did you want me to do it. I would hope for the best but would hate for you to hate me right off the bat due to a failed annual. If you want me to do it let’s have a phone conversation before you show up and we can go over the tech sheet. I’ll give you the things I have to look over and to what detail.

More than happy to let you do it and save some dough. You can feel free to call my cage builder as well to verify anything.

Builder was Chris Childs at Angry Sheep Motorsports.

Feel free to call me as well. And its probably easier to contact me at work as my daughter prevents me from having normal conversations at home.

Yeah, that takes most people all of 10 minutes!

…zzzzZING! :wink:

If anyone can use a set of full-tread RA-1’s on black D-Force wheels (ET25), let me know asap. I can deliver to Mid-Ohio. I have a brand new set from Phil’s tire that will go back to them unless someone else would like to get them.