Mid-Ohio April

[quote=“Foglght” post=64050]

Still have not figured out how I’m going to add weight to the car. Need a spare tire if anyone has one.[/quote]

I’ve got one. Bottlecap with a heavy Goodyear on it. I can bring it to the track.

[quote=“SpeedSmith” post=64051][quote=“Foglght” post=64050]

Still have not figured out how I’m going to add weight to the car. Need a spare tire if anyone has one.[/quote]

I’ve got one. Bottlecap with a heavy Goodyear on it. I can bring it to the track.[/quote]

Sold! You know the weight on it?

Looks like we have a good chance of having 9 cars. 6 are definite.

[quote=“Foglght” post=64057][quote=“SpeedSmith” post=64051][quote=“Foglght” post=64050]

I’ve got one. Bottlecap with a heavy Goodyear on it. I can bring it to the track.[/quote]

Sold! You know the weight on it?[/quote]

I’ll weigh it this weekend.

I bought weights for weight lifting from Wal-mart. Some of them even have nice convenient holes for mounting bolts. Seems to work just fine in the car.

Looked at those types of weights. $24 per 25lb. section. The closest wallmart to me is about 25 miles away and I would have to pay for shipping, so it would cost me about $160 just to get weight for the 125lbs I need.

I use to run that much ballast, but just started using a full tank of gas.

Have a full tank and still need that much…including the spare tire.

These cars could be so light. I still have power windows, heater core, most of the sound deadening, and probably a lot of other things that add weight.

I like my 70qt coolsuit cooler idea for added weight. I wonder if my beer will be foamy after the race.

Yeah, I could probably do 2,550 post race with no modifications.

Oh and I need to order tires that will be there when I get to the track. Who would be some of the tire vendors there?

http://www.racetireusa.com/

I went to that site. Looks like the tire price with shaving is $178?!

Hmm…

[quote=“Foglght” post=64057][quote=“SpeedSmith” post=64051][quote=“Foglght” post=64050]

Sold! You know the weight on it?[/quote]

37.5lbs (using a bathroom scale.

[quote=“Foglght” post=64131]I went to that site. Looks like the tire price with shaving is $178?!

Hmm…[/quote]

You asked who can bring them to the track.

Michael are you doing tech inspections at the track again this year?

$175.25 shaved and shipped to Mid O…

$175.25 shaved and shipped to Mid O…[/quote]

Two thumbs up for Phil!

Yes but let me know who all I need to tech. It is going to be a very busy Friday evening. I doubt I will have time on Saturday morning to do any tech.