Wheels

What are the requirements for wheel specs? I know the size must be 15x7, with a bolt pattern of 4x100 (if I’m not mistaken), but are 14" wheels allowed?

And what is the minimum weight the wheels must be?

Thanks!

Have you read the rules?

Chuck’s right. Our CCR is pretty short. Everyone should know it.

Yes, you can run 14" wheels. The problem is that there are no legal 14" tires. There used to be, but they’re not made anymore. My rain tires are 14", but they are 7-8yrs old.

Tried to read the rules. There used to be a handy-dandy PDF I could command+F to whenever I needed an answer––although I don’t recall it saying if 14" wheels were allowed.

That PDF seems to have been removed for whatever reason.

If you can send me a link to the new PDF, be my guest.

Go to site home page and see links at left. One of them is to the SpecE30 CCR. Is also available at the NASAProRacing.com website.

Mike…seriously, you really should have these, or at least know where to find them at any time…especially a race weekend. There is a link on the left under “SpecE30 Regulations” and there is a link on the NASA page under the rules section, too.
2015 SE30 rules

Rule 9.3.9 Tires and Wheels is where you find your answer. The two rules that apply are 9.3.9.1 and 9.3.9.5.

The rules are clear and show the size wheels you are legally able to run. The rule is not vague or ambiguous. I will make it really easy for you and show them below.

9.3.9.1. The Toyo RR or RA-1, size 205/50/15 or 205/55/14 must be used in qualifying and
competition. Any tire brand/size may be used in practice or other non-competition
sessions.

9.3.9.5. Wheels shall be 14 by 6 inches, 14 by 6.5 inches, or 15 by 7 inches, and shall weigh a
minimum of thirteen (13) pounds. Any brand, unless specified in these regulations, is
allowed.

[quote=“Fooshe” post=80727]Mike…seriously, you really should have these, or at least know where to find them at any time…especially a race weekend. There is a link on the left under “SpecE30 Regulations” and there is a link on the NASA page under the rules section, too.
2015 SE30 rules

Rule 9.3.9 Tires and Wheels is where you find your answer. The two rules that apply are 9.3.9.1 and 9.3.9.5.

The rules are clear and show the size wheels you are legally able to run. The rule is not vague or ambiguous. I will make it really easy for you and show them below.

9.3.9.1. The Toyo RR or RA-1, size 205/50/15 or 205/55/14 must be used in qualifying and
competition. Any tire brand/size may be used in practice or other non-competition
sessions.

9.3.9.5. Wheels shall be 14 by 6 inches, 14 by 6.5 inches, or 15 by 7 inches, and shall weigh a
minimum of thirteen (13) pounds. Any brand, unless specified in these regulations, is
allowed.[/quote]

I have been away from Spec E30 for a year and am very likely not racing this weekend.

Thanks for the PDF, finally.