VIR March 26-27

Roll call…who’s in besides Kish, Ott and myself?

my car will be there friday (a friend is using it for comp school). if it wasn’t for the expensive entry fee i’d be tempted to stay for the weekend.

The Drive-gear.com crew will be bringing down at least two cars and I will race at least one of the days. Should be a good turnout, its still early. We will also be announcing shortly a couple of sponsorhip deals that will create some excitement around the MA Series. Cant wait!!:woohoo:

Andrew Z
Drive-gear.com
Nasa Ma spec e30 Director

I’ll be attending.

It’s VIR full course. You deserve to treat yourself every once in awhile like I do. :wink:

I’ll be there. Looking forward to it!

I just got my confirmation email today. Drivegear I will bring down a tps for you guys on Friday, thanks again for always lending a hand.

Will be there. Now I have to get motivated to do some maintenance on the car. Have not touched it since Nov. at CMP.
Rick Cofer:

Looks like a good crew of drivers.

I’m in as long as comp school goes as planned. Go easy on the new guy!
Jason

[quote=“jls8177” post=55164]I’m in as long as comp school goes as planned. Go easy on the new guy!
Jason[/quote]

Here’s a guaranteed way of passing compschool:

1. Bump at least two cars on the out lap. It sets a good tone for the day.
  2. Ignore all flags. What? Why? They slow you down. Just go!
  3. During the classroom sessions, be sure to catch up on some sleep.
  4. The current comp school lap record at VIR is 2:22.068. Beat it and you’ll impress us.

:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“jls8177” post=55164]I’m in as long as comp school goes as planned. Go easy on the new guy!
Jason[/quote]
I don’t see that in your future. :stuck_out_tongue:
Having just got my comp license last summer, if there’s anything I can do to help let me know. Advice? Heckling? I can do it all. :wink:

The entry list has been posted here.

A one in seven chance at a win (8 registered, but I figure Kish isn’t really competition).:lol:

Your odds just got a little better - I’m not going to make it now.

Lame. :stuck_out_tongue:

Touch’e

where do folks usually park, up on top of the back corner hill like last july? a friend is using my car for comp school on fri, probably no one else will be there when i arrive thu evening.

super fun weekend, very glad i attended. no one hit will (driving my car) in comp school, then great hard racing against harrington on sat and the allen and the stallion on sun. could have used a little more rain though :slight_smile:

will post videos as soon as i can remember the neighbors wifi code. already looking forward to july!

You guys make it all worthwhile. If not for the people in this class, I would have driven my car into a wall Sunday and quit the sport. Well, except I would have had to pay for the Armco. :huh:

Saturday I had a tremendously tail happy car that was great for style point but not for staying on the track. I qualified in the bottom quarter (which I expected) and then did a nice pirouette off the track on lap one of the race at the top of the esses. Thanks to someone (Crist?) for running off the track near the end so I could avoid finishing last.

Thanks to the collective standing around the fire I got advice on my rear sway bar (yeah, maximum tension may not be the way to go) and my stuck on brake lights (switch, mounting tab broken but got it to work). Puffing with newfound confidence I disconnected the rear bar on Sunday morning and cheered the rainy/wet track. I qualified 5th(!) and thought all was right with the world. I mean, only a couple of guys could pass me if I started that high, right? All I needed to do was keep it on the track.

Well, let’s start blaming the car…no rear bar didn’t work so well on a dry track, my tire selection was a compromise that wasn’t great (after cording 2 on Sat) and my vision was obscured by my head being so far up my ass I couldn’t even remember my shift points. When your fastest lap is a 2:27 in the dry it may just be better to pit and go home early. :angry:

On the upside, I kept it on the track and didn’t hit anything moving or stationary. Of course, I wasn’t going fast enough to lose control of the car…