VIR july 09

We’re two weeks away and we have about 4 more than usual registered at this point. That brings us to our first secret for success in the Mid-Atlantic: don’t sign up until the last minute. It psyches out your competition. Or if you’re really sneaky (cobetto), don’t sign up at all ;).

I can almost garuntee we’ll have more than 20 cars…

Robert Allen
Skip Bennett
Kelly Childress
Robert Grace
Christian McIntyre
Fred Switzer
Charles Taylor

Drive-gear.com will be in the house but have no rentals lined up. Joe cant make it. Might be me and Jonny in the two blue machines. A good chance to check out the new poore sports oil pan…

Drive-gear.com
"we rent spec e30’s"

I’m one of those “last minute” people too. Always hate to part with my 300 bucks until the last minute.

1, maybe 2, Davidsons will be there.
Ed

Signed up. See you all there.

list updated:

Robert Allen
Skip Bennett
Kelly Childress
Ed Davidson
Michael Davidson
Robert Grace
Christian McIntyre
Alex Reznikov
Justin Silver
Mark Skeen
Keith Smith
Fred Switzer
Charles Taylor

There are also 2 E30’s that are not signed up who will probably be taking comp school that friday.

I have decided that I will not be going and will probably only going to Summit events for the rest of the year.

-Steve

Robert,

I think Mark is one of them and he is signed up, the other 325 person is in GTS2.

[quote]Robert,

I think Mark is one of them and he is signed up, the other 325 person is in GTS2.[/quote]

Ok that makes sense.
Brandon Hey is another specE30 who will probably be taking comp school and racing.

andrew240z wrote:

[quote]Drive-gear.com will be in the house but have no rentals lined up. Joe cant make it. Might be me and Jonny in the two blue machines. A good chance to check out the new poore sports oil pan…

Drive-gear.com
"we rent spec e30’s"[/quote]

I’m looking forward to seeing how that pan works out. I want one!

Another update on the driver’s list:
(18 officially plus hopefully a few more to come… not just talking about my age here.)

Robert Allen
Skip Bennett
Kelly Childress
Chris Cobetto
Ed Davidson
Michael Davidson
Carlton Goldthwaite
Robert Grace
David Herrington
Brandon Hey
Virgil R.(Rick) Mariani
Christian McIntyre
Alex Reznikov
Justin Silver
Mark Skeen
Keith Smith
Fred Switzer
Charles Taylor

Hunt
J. Allen
Zimmerman

Looks like a great roster! Sadly there will be no Axis of Oversteer representation: Matt, Pete, or myself are not able to make it. We will however be at Lime Rock Aug 7th and 8th. It would be great to see a bunch of the mid-atlantic crew make it to the Northeast, anyone planning on racing with me?

Wow, that is an impressive list. Looking forward to it. Lets hope the weather is nice and we will have a great weekend!

Good looking group!

Also, we are planning to have our usual Saturday lunch. After seeing the schedule, we’ll all decide during the morning meeting what time works for everyone.

Due to the Spec E30 fund starting to run dry, the Allen’s (Litt and Robert) have offered to provide the burgers.

I’ll provide the buns, mustard, ketchup, and mayo.

The Drivegear team usually provides the fire (grill).

Anyone else?

One another note, I am planning to have signed copies of Toyo forms for both days, for those who finish in the Toyo Bucks paying positions. You still have to fill out your own information and provide a results sheet.

Burgers - R Allen
Buns, mustard, ketchup, mayo - Carter
Grill - Drivegear Racing
Chips and cheese -
Pasta salad -
Plates and forks -
Drinks -
Fruit -
Anything else?

This is really shaping-up to be a great weekend. See you there!

Carter

One more thing, especially for the out-of-region racers who are racing with us.

If you don’t have your paperwork (Logbook, Tech Form, and racing license with current medical) at the Spec E30 meeting, which follows the All hands Meeting Saturday morning, you’ll have to go to Registration to get your wristband and tech sticker.

Also, if you’re doing the Comp School and/or Friday Test Day, you’ll need a new Tech Form for Saturday. The Saturday/Sunday race weekend is a separate event from Friday.

Carter

Carter wrote:

[quote]Good looking group!

Also, we are planning to have our usual Saturday lunch. After seeing the schedule, we’ll all decide during the morning meeting what time works for everyone.

Due to the Spec E30 fund starting to run dry, the Allen’s (Litt and Robert) have offered to provide the burgers.

Anyone else?

One another note, I am planning to have signed copies of Toyo forms for both days, for those who finish in the Toyo Bucks paying positions. You still have to fill out your own information and provide a results sheet.

Burgers - R Allen
Grill - Drivegear Racing
Chips and cheese -
Pasta salad -
Plates and forks -
Drinks -
Fruit -
Anything else?

Carter[/quote]

Guys:

Litt Allen is bringing pretty much everything for the cookout so Spec E30 will provide a cooler of water bottles and some cookies for dessert.

Carter

The final entry list has been posted. Not as many as I predicted but it looks like a great group.

Fred Switzer
Christian McIntyre
Robert Grace
Robert Allen
Skip Bennett
Charles Taylor
Justin Silver
Mark Skeen
Alex Reznikov
Ed Davidson
Michael Davidson
Keith Smith
Brandon Hey
Virgil R.(Rick) Mariani
David Herrington
Chris Cobetto
Carlton Goldthwaite
Jonathan Allen

Carter Hunt

Add
1 for an even 20

Andrew Zimmermann

Hope all those guys pass comp school!

The weather is lookin good! Sorry mikeD and carlton :P.

See ya’ll there!

Carter wrote:

[quote]Carter wrote:

[quote]Good looking group!

Anyone else?

Burgers - R Allen
Grill - Drivegear Racing
Chips and cheese -
Pasta salad -
Plates and forks -
Drinks -
Fruit -
Anything else?

Carter[/quote]

Guys:

Litt Allen is bringing pretty much everything for the cookout so Spec E30 will provide a cooler of water bottles and some cookies for dessert.

Carter[/quote]

I think we have plenty of plates, forks etc…