The beginning of the end of Motorsports

This is total BS and they can’t get away with this! :angry:

https://www.morningstar.com/news/pr-news-wire/PRNews_20160208LA18312/epa-seeks-to-prohibit-conversion-of-vehicles-into-racecars.html

It’s all a plot by the Thunder Roadsters.

Here’s a thought: Don’t tell them you built a race car. I don’t have a title, and probably don’t have a bill of sale, so technically as far as the govt can tell, my 91 car is still rattling around somewhere out there.

[quote=“Ranger” post=82405]It’s all a plot by the Thunder Roadsters.[/quote]Agree 100% LOL!

This one is a long story and a political hot potato. I was at the SEMA meeting when the EPA’s Evan Belcher told the audience his definition of “motor vehicle”. Belcher gets his marching orders from the executive branch of the government.

Our cars are, technically, motor vehicles. So is a NHRA sportsman Camaro from 1969, etc., etc.
Read the press article closely, even though ours do not have aftermarket performance parts, we have removed the cats and are in violation of EPA rules.

Guess we can race with the cats on…really.

Really, one would think the EPA has bigger fish to fry, and Belcher said as much in the meeting. But, if they are attempting to sneak in wording to a document (as stated in the SEMA press release and as told to me when I wrote my story for my magazine)the battle lines are being drawn.

RP

I have two words for EPA on this regulation – and I think you know what they are…

Like race cars produce a huge amount of air pollution; for F- sake. Hey EPA, do something about the huge industrial polluters!

And while we’re at it, let’s talk about your BS carbon credit swapping program…Howz that workin’ for ya?

No emotion here, just vote. For this old guy it is a shame that there is not a Libertarian party.

RP

[quote=“Patton” post=82414]No emotion here, just vote. For this old guy it is a shame that there is not a Libertarian party.

RP[/quote]
Oh there’s a party, the problem is that it’s a little itty bitty party. My man Rand Paul peaked at 3% IIRC.

[quote=“Ranger” post=82415][quote=“Patton” post=82414]No emotion here, just vote. For this old guy it is a shame that there is not a Libertarian party.

RP[/quote]
Oh there’s a party, the problem is that it’s a little itty bitty party. My man Rand Paul peaked at 3% IIRC.[/quote]

Yep, a wasted vote, so you end up with the lesser of two evils.

RP

[quote=“Ranger” post=82415][quote=“Patton” post=82414]No emotion here, just vote. For this old guy it is a shame that there is not a Libertarian party.

RP[/quote]
Oh there’s a party, the problem is that it’s a little itty bitty party. My man Rand Paul peaked at 3% IIRC.[/quote]

Amen! Finally someone with common sense.

Rand has been the one guy speaking the with the most logic. I really like Chris as he is the ONLY guy up there nobody really picks fights with. Not sayin’ he’s an Angel, but I think he is the man for the job. I would love to see a Christie/Paul ticket.