Tell me about Winterfest, Sebring, 12-16Jan.

kishg wrote:

The driveGear crew will be camping as usual. There is some chance that we may get spoiled again if our drivers bring the RV. We will bring our camp fire and grill down so stop by anytime, we are always grilling and having fun.

Kish, I don’t know, but I’d definately get with PBOC before you get there to sort all that out.

Andrew, depending on what I am driving, I might pit up just next to you, then, and we can party together. I have a 50 foot trailer with huge living quarters, usually a grill, always with booze, bad jokes and terrible stories. What’s not to love?

I usually reserve the living quarters part for myself, but the garage area has fold down beds, AC, heat, and anyone can stay there. First come first serve, unless I like you a lot. Ranger always has first dibs.

yeah i will check with pboc this week before i send out my check. looks like this is going to be a party!! hope the weather cooperates…

BigKeyserSoze wrote:

Lol, very nice.

As I was writing this, Hawaii Five-O came on the TV. Sarah-the-lawyer-chick was dancing around the room to the theme song and I was laughing too hard to type.

I talked to a couple PBOC principles about paperwork and it sounds like it’s going to be no big deal. They’ll even let you do the first PBOC race weekend with a $30 temp comp license instead of the full $110 annual fee. As long as you have a comp license in good standing, there’s apparently no additional hoops to jump thru. Just create a logon at their website and sign up for the specific Winterfest events that you plan to do.

I already created the login and signed up on their website.

I’m bailing boys and girls. For what Winterfest would cost I can finance two normal race weekends. Sorry to taunt you with an inviting smile and then shut you down when you go for my drawers.

Unacceptable. Pony up and get here.

yeah, i thought ranger’s never quit?

just booked my flight, flying into orlando on the 12th at noon.

kishg wrote:

[quote]yeah, i thought ranger’s never quit?
[/quote]
I have tenacity and debt in equal share. And I have LOTS of tenacity.

what’s a couple more thousand on the ole cc…

kishg wrote:

in keeping with Kish’s theme, a couple more thousand. No biggie right? Our first car is full but we have seats available in our second car. Come to Sebring and race in style. Arrive and drive, you deserve it. BTW, we won this thing last year…

Andrew
drive-gear.com

looking forward to running with drivegear!

Kish, You’ll have a great time with DriveGear…

Andrew & John do a great job - cars are fast, always beer & entertainment!!

Gress, I’ve been thinking about it again, and giving us false wood about coming to Sebring is unacceptable. Bring it together and show up.

BigKeyserSoze wrote:

I’ve signed up for Chin on the 22nd, and I’ll stay for the 23rd if an instructor slot opens up. Probably not close enough to hang with Angie and her friends, but it’s a step in the right direction.

I’ll get down to Sebring for a NASA-Fl weekend later in the year. You going to be at all of those?

Ranger, you tell me when you are coming to Florida to race and I’m there.

Scott, does Ranger know you are gay?

Gasman wrote:

. Man I am so…in.

Ranger wrote:

[quote]BigKeyserSoze wrote:

I’ve signed up for Chin on the 22nd, and I’ll stay for the 23rd if an instructor slot opens up. Probably not close enough to hang with Angie and her friends, but it’s a step in the right direction.

I’ll get down to Sebring for a NASA-Fl weekend later in the year. You going to be at all of those?[/quote]

Here are the two choices you have for NASA/Sebring:

June 25-26
October 1-2

At this point I’m bailing on Winterfest for the same reason you are. The cash for the amount of track time is nuts. I always showed for the social aspect and to race with BMW CCA (not PBOC). Now that there’s a May race for BMW CCA scheduled at Sebring, I’m not sad about missing it.
There’s a very good chance I’ll still be showing up at some point over the weekend to socialize and drink people’s beer =)