Tell me about Winterfest, Sebring, 12-16Jan.

Only info I can find is from TrackWeekend.com and all it says is that Thur and Fri are lapping days and Sat/Sun is DE.

There’s racing during Winterfest, right? Tell me more pls.

The event seems to start on the 12th. So what is happening on the 12th?

Check out pbocflorida.com

there’s a night enduro on thur, an enduro on Fri and sprints sat/sun. as far as I can tell nothing happens on 12th. Drinking perhaps, in which case sign me up! :slight_smile:

I’m thinking about making the tow. any other SE30s planning on going?

tpr jules wrote:

Ahh. I had to log on to the site to get info. Dang, that’s a lot of stuff going on.

DRIVERS EDUCATION VENUES:

… SOLO DRIVERS

Lapping Days for qualified Solo drivers and Instructors are available on Thursday and Friday. Cost for Thursday/Friday is $375. Solo entry for Sat/Sun is $395. A three day package F/S/S is $500. A four-day package rate is available for $600.

…INSTRUCTORS

Lapping Days for qualified Solo drivers and Instructors are available on Thursday and Friday. Cost for Thursday/Friday is $375. A four day package for Instructors including two Lapping Days and Sat/Sun instructing is available for $375. A three day package F/S/S is $325. Instructor entry for Sat/Sun only is $50.

…SUPER SOLO

The Super Solo run group is available at this event. Please register for the applicable Solo or Instructor package and we will assign you to the Super Solo group once you are approved.

…DRIVERS EDUCATION

Drivers Education for Novice, Intermediate and Advanced Students is available on Saturday and Sunday ONLY for $395. Novice students will have classroom instruction and autocross exercises on Saturday morning and drive on the track Saturday afternoon and Sunday. A one day entry fee for either Saturday or Sunday is $275. However, NO Novices will be accepted for a single Sunday Only entry.

…CONVERTIBLES:

BMW Z3 with fixed rollover protection, the Z4 and Porsche Boxster and the Mini Cooper are ok. ALL OTHERS must call for approval. If you run with the top down, you MUST use arm restraints. No SUV’s in DE.

RACING VENUES:

…7th ANNUAL NIGHT RACE

Thursday January 13th is the PBOC 7th Annual 6 Hour RACE INTO THE NIGHT with practice and qualifying sessions. Cost is $595 and includes a 2 hour night practice on Wednesday, Jan 12th from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.

…ENDURO

Friday, January 14th there will be a 90 min Enduro Race with 30 min Practice and Qualifying sessions prior to the race. Cost for the Friday only race is $395.

…SPRINT RACES

Saturday-Sunday January 15-16 there will be 30-minute sprint races each day with practice and qualifying sessions. Cost for Sat/Sun sprint races is $495.

…MULTI-DAY PACKAGES:

A 3-day Race package for F/S/S is $750. A five-day package including night practice Wednesday and Night Race Thursday, Enduro Friday and Sprint races S/S is $1200.

If Racers want additional track time, please add the SOLO lapping day package(s) to your entry.

kishg wrote:

[quote]there’s a night enduro on thur, an enduro on Fri and sprints sat/sun. as far as I can tell nothing happens on 12th. Drinking perhaps, in which case sign me up! :slight_smile:

I’m thinking about making the tow. any other SE30s planning on going?[/quote]
The FL based folks are going. Al K, Fred, JimL and I are talking about going. I bet we end up with 10 SpecE30’s there.

The schedule indicates that the Thur and Friday “lapping days” don’t allow as much track time as one might hope. 1:20 on Thur and 1:30 on Friday. Bummer.

Sounds good. I’ll start making plans then.

Boss has greenlighted me being gone, so I’m in for Winterfest. Central Fl, keep close yer beer n comely women 'cause in the dark of night Ranger will be attacking South and seizing the objective with fire and maneuver. Mostly maneuver. And one-liners. And charisma. Yes, lots of charisma.

This will be my triumphant return to Sebring after my short weekend there 4yrs ago where I blew up the engine on my old 911. God how that was a goatscrew. $15k to recover, not counting the costs associated with getting the car home. And that, boys is girls, is why I’m in a class where you can get a perfectly serviceable engine for $300.

You guys are gonna have a great time. Makes me wanna think about making it down there.

arn’t you in florida king tut? what’s your excuse for not being there? :slight_smile:

The DriveGear crew should be in for this as well. We have done the night enduro the last six years. Its a great time. if we can get our own spec e30 race within the race that would be awesome!

I did Sebring a couple months ago, and I need a couple months break from the track as does my bank account. Road Atlanta is half the trip to Sebring for me anyways.

BTW, we have rental seats available for this event if anyone is interested in an arrive and drive. We have won the six hour several times including last year. So who is in?

Ranger
Drivegear (probably two cars)

Andrew
Drive-gear.com

I live an hour from Sebring, and drove the event last year. I may run the SE30 or may run the FFR Cobra, not sure yet. I guess I might run the Thunder Roadster, also, depending on whether those show up. Can be convinced either way. The entire weekend event is a hoot. I will have the 50 foot hauler there, stocked with drinks and lodging, and would look forward to making a weekend out of it with you guys.

Ranger
Drivegear (probably two cars)
Al K
Palacio, J
Palacio, E
Levie?
Black, N?
Black, J?
Stevens, D?

BigKeyserSoze wrote:

I’m hanging out with Angie and the cute friend that she keeps telling me that she’s going to bring.

i got a spot on a 2 car trailer heading there so i’m in. who is doing the enduro?

I’ll be there part of the weekend but probably just hanging out. I am saving my pennies (literaly just pennies) for only NASA events in an attempt to qualify for nationals next year.

where’s everyone staying? just booked a room at the chateau elan.

Not sure if I’m stayng at the Chateau or in my trailer. Who is running the enduro?

Make sure you guys have PBOC licenses, etc. Their medical is a bear, they don’t just take your medical from somewhere else, so go to www.pbocflorida.com and get the requirements. It isn’t a 5 minute application, either, you have to go see the doctor, get a piss test, etc.

-Scott

Andrew, how much for a seat in the 6 hour? Please e-mail me at smckay@mckay-law.com

PS I was with the car (Thunder Roadster) that crossed the finish line first last year, but was later pushed back to second when they determined a driver went 2 hours 6 minutes on a max of 2 hours… And the guy that ratted us out was in third, and they checked and his guy went 2 hours 10 minutes…bonehead.

-Scott

I’m signed up via BMW CR/Sunshine Bimmers, Do I still need a PBOC license then?