Sonoma 3/16-17/2013

The forecast is now calling for rain Friday afternoon through midday Saturday then clouds with some sun Saturday afternoon through Sunday…

Looks to be just a stray shower for all three days…

Anybody have a set of RA1’s for sale?

Yes, one good used/shaved set for sale. I’ll have them at the track Friday. Email me if you would like to talk before Friday… will@drivenasa.com

Shaping up to be a nice weekend, mostly sunny with a puffy spring cloud! Temps in the low 70’s

Saturday will be my SE30 debut. I’m really looking forward to racing with you guys.

Any advice for standing start technique? I’ve never done it before and I don’t want to be the guy causing a pile up at the start…

Cheers,

Dean

Simple…Start at the back of the pack otherwise, pump & dump:laugh:

It’s like you don’t know me at all… :lol:

Ok

You want to set your RPM about 1350, then ease the clutch out and then apply a little more throttle. You’ll get a nice safe start :slight_smile:

So that’s how it’s going to be…

And let me guess, emergency brake on during this entire sequence, right?? :ohmy: :ohmy:

Seriously looking forward to racing with you all.

Cheers,

Dean

actually brad, thats not a terrible idea. Because i have a heavy clutch, it might make sence to start a little lower in the revs to initially keep the tires from spinning. Besides, with the adrenaline, ill probably hit the gas more before the clutch engages so itll actually be like 3000 before the clutch grabs haha

yes, yes <<<< “ease” <<<< don’t forget your emergency 4-way flashers so others know to go around!

Check that last post, As Steven suggested starting at the back is safest! What [color=#00ff00]color[/color] is your [color=#00ff00]car[/color] so WE can look out for it just in case theirs lap traffic :sick:

9:48PM Wednesday
Fresh Engine installed
Thursday
Fire up and break in.
This weekend
Some woop-ass is gonanna happen

Who’s signed up??

Weather sunny mid 70’s

Brad,
I beat you by 24hrs. My new PointSix engine went in on Tuesday night. Let the Power Wars begin.:laugh:

Hi Guys…here’s the sign-up list as of Thursday 8am:

1 Team BW Racing
2 Team Neville/Thomas
3 Ron Harness
4 Team TFB Performance
5 Emil Sildos
6 Raymond Zanotto
7 Maxim Akhtyamov
8 Joseph Powers
9 Deejay Riley
10 Dan Riley
11 Team Wolfgang’s Foreign Car
12 Team McMicking/Zanotto
13 Derek Welch
14 Team Clough Construction
15 Team Power Smiths
16 Team Emerson/Faules
17 Team Shawhan Racing Team
18 Team BTM Motorwerks
19 Team Point Six / TFB
20 Team KMG Racing
21 Team A-1 Autoworks
22 Anil Singh
23 Team Gone Racing

[quote=“sneville44” post=71349]Hi Guys…here’s the sign-up list as of Thursday 8am:

1 Team BW Racing
2 Team Neville/Thomas
3 Ron Harness
4 Team TFB Performance
5 Emil Sildos
6 Raymond Zanotto
7 Maxim Akhtyamov
8 Joseph Powers
9 Deejay Riley
10 Dan Riley
11 Team Wolfgang’s Foreign Car
12 Team McMicking/Zanotto
13 Derek Welch
14 Team Clough Construction
15 Team Power Smiths
16 Team Emerson/Faules
17 Team Shawhan Racing Team
18 Team BTM Motorwerks
19 Team Point Six / TFB
20 Team KMG Racing
21 Team A-1 Autoworks
22 Anil Singh
23 Team Gone Racing[/quote]

Looks like we’re all teamed up this year :whistle:

Gentlemen,

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and the great racing in my first weekend racing Spec E30!

I got a bunch of good advice on the standing starts (in addition to all the jokes in this thread) and that made a difference. I did a couple practice starts Friday on the skidpad, and it was a non-event come race time. I really enjoyed that aspect of the race.

I clearly have some work to do on learning how to drive this car, as it is very different from the other much stiffer cars I’ve driven in the past. I was over-driving the turn entry and then losing a lot of time mid corner and hurting my exit speed. I plan to have that all sorted out and make the right adjustments to my driving by next event, so look out!

I did want to comment that I got into a couple good back and forth passing situations during the race - specifically with Mike and DeeJay. Both raced REALLY CLEAN - aggressive and close but respectful and cooperative - and I really appreciate that! I’ll go door to door with these guys any time. Nice work.

Scott has built a great car - and I want to thank him publicly for inviting me in to the series. I’m looking forward to a lot of close racing, and I definitely want one of those Point-Six helmet trophies!

Cheers,

Dean
co-driver #44

[quote=“dtfastbear” post=71444]Gentlemen,

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and the great racing in my first weekend racing Spec E30!

I got a bunch of good advice on the standing starts (in addition to all the jokes in this thread) and that made a difference. I did a couple practice starts Friday on the skidpad, and it was a non-event come race time. I really enjoyed that aspect of the race.

I clearly have some work to do on learning how to drive this car, as it is very different from the other much stiffer cars I’ve driven in the past. I was over-driving the turn entry and then losing a lot of time mid corner and hurting my exit speed. I plan to have that all sorted out and make the right adjustments to my driving by next event, so look out!

I did want to comment that I got into a couple good back and forth passing situations during the race - specifically with Mike and DeeJay. Both raced REALLY CLEAN - aggressive and close but respectful and cooperative - and I really appreciate that! I’ll go door to door with these guys any time. Nice work.

Scott has built a great car - and I want to thank him publicly for inviting me in to the series. I’m looking forward to a lot of close racing, and I definitely want one of those Point-Six helmet trophies!

Cheers,

Dean
co-driver #44[/quote]

Thanks Dean…with you as my team mate I have zero excuses now…other than those that are self inflicted…like too many Casa Ramos margaritas!

Bennett…are you buying next month? :lol: