Sonoma 3/16-17/2013

Weekend forcast, it looks like we could be in for another weekend of weather, some rain Thursday lingering into Friday then partly cloudy Saturday. Bucha says you can’t predict weather two weeks out so I’d say it’s a 50/50 chance of some of weather.

[attachment=1943]1974_Datsun.jpg[/attachment]

I this turn 11 at Sears Point??

YES!!!
Awesome Pict!!!

Mazda Spec series???

Datsun 710

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/03/01/bat-exclusive-bondurant-racing-school-1974-datsun-710/

I guess it was Albert Butterfield car at some point see his Facebook page.

The forecast is now calling for rain Friday afternoon through midday Saturday then clouds with some sun Saturday afternoon through Sunday…

Looks to be just a stray shower for all three days…

Anybody have a set of RA1’s for sale?

Yes, one good used/shaved set for sale. I’ll have them at the track Friday. Email me if you would like to talk before Friday… will@drivenasa.com

Shaping up to be a nice weekend, mostly sunny with a puffy spring cloud! Temps in the low 70’s

Saturday will be my SE30 debut. I’m really looking forward to racing with you guys.

Any advice for standing start technique? I’ve never done it before and I don’t want to be the guy causing a pile up at the start…

Cheers,

Dean

Simple…Start at the back of the pack otherwise, pump & dump:laugh:

It’s like you don’t know me at all… :lol:

Ok

You want to set your RPM about 1350, then ease the clutch out and then apply a little more throttle. You’ll get a nice safe start :slight_smile:

So that’s how it’s going to be…

And let me guess, emergency brake on during this entire sequence, right?? :ohmy: :ohmy:

Seriously looking forward to racing with you all.

Cheers,

Dean

actually brad, thats not a terrible idea. Because i have a heavy clutch, it might make sence to start a little lower in the revs to initially keep the tires from spinning. Besides, with the adrenaline, ill probably hit the gas more before the clutch engages so itll actually be like 3000 before the clutch grabs haha

yes, yes <<<< “ease” <<<< don’t forget your emergency 4-way flashers so others know to go around!

Check that last post, As Steven suggested starting at the back is safest! What [color=#00ff00]color[/color] is your [color=#00ff00]car[/color] so WE can look out for it just in case theirs lap traffic :sick:

9:48PM Wednesday
Fresh Engine installed
Thursday
Fire up and break in.
This weekend
Some woop-ass is gonanna happen

Who’s signed up??

Weather sunny mid 70’s