Sonoma 3/16-17/2013

Brad,
I beat you by 24hrs. My new PointSix engine went in on Tuesday night. Let the Power Wars begin.:laugh:

Hi Guys…here’s the sign-up list as of Thursday 8am:

1 Team BW Racing
2 Team Neville/Thomas
3 Ron Harness
4 Team TFB Performance
5 Emil Sildos
6 Raymond Zanotto
7 Maxim Akhtyamov
8 Joseph Powers
9 Deejay Riley
10 Dan Riley
11 Team Wolfgang’s Foreign Car
12 Team McMicking/Zanotto
13 Derek Welch
14 Team Clough Construction
15 Team Power Smiths
16 Team Emerson/Faules
17 Team Shawhan Racing Team
18 Team BTM Motorwerks
19 Team Point Six / TFB
20 Team KMG Racing
21 Team A-1 Autoworks
22 Anil Singh
23 Team Gone Racing

[quote=“sneville44” post=71349]Hi Guys…here’s the sign-up list as of Thursday 8am:

1 Team BW Racing
2 Team Neville/Thomas
3 Ron Harness
4 Team TFB Performance
5 Emil Sildos
6 Raymond Zanotto
7 Maxim Akhtyamov
8 Joseph Powers
9 Deejay Riley
10 Dan Riley
11 Team Wolfgang’s Foreign Car
12 Team McMicking/Zanotto
13 Derek Welch
14 Team Clough Construction
15 Team Power Smiths
16 Team Emerson/Faules
17 Team Shawhan Racing Team
18 Team BTM Motorwerks
19 Team Point Six / TFB
20 Team KMG Racing
21 Team A-1 Autoworks
22 Anil Singh
23 Team Gone Racing[/quote]

Looks like we’re all teamed up this year :whistle:

Gentlemen,

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and the great racing in my first weekend racing Spec E30!

I got a bunch of good advice on the standing starts (in addition to all the jokes in this thread) and that made a difference. I did a couple practice starts Friday on the skidpad, and it was a non-event come race time. I really enjoyed that aspect of the race.

I clearly have some work to do on learning how to drive this car, as it is very different from the other much stiffer cars I’ve driven in the past. I was over-driving the turn entry and then losing a lot of time mid corner and hurting my exit speed. I plan to have that all sorted out and make the right adjustments to my driving by next event, so look out!

I did want to comment that I got into a couple good back and forth passing situations during the race - specifically with Mike and DeeJay. Both raced REALLY CLEAN - aggressive and close but respectful and cooperative - and I really appreciate that! I’ll go door to door with these guys any time. Nice work.

Scott has built a great car - and I want to thank him publicly for inviting me in to the series. I’m looking forward to a lot of close racing, and I definitely want one of those Point-Six helmet trophies!

Cheers,

Dean
co-driver #44

[quote=“dtfastbear” post=71444]Gentlemen,

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and the great racing in my first weekend racing Spec E30!

I got a bunch of good advice on the standing starts (in addition to all the jokes in this thread) and that made a difference. I did a couple practice starts Friday on the skidpad, and it was a non-event come race time. I really enjoyed that aspect of the race.

I clearly have some work to do on learning how to drive this car, as it is very different from the other much stiffer cars I’ve driven in the past. I was over-driving the turn entry and then losing a lot of time mid corner and hurting my exit speed. I plan to have that all sorted out and make the right adjustments to my driving by next event, so look out!

I did want to comment that I got into a couple good back and forth passing situations during the race - specifically with Mike and DeeJay. Both raced REALLY CLEAN - aggressive and close but respectful and cooperative - and I really appreciate that! I’ll go door to door with these guys any time. Nice work.

Scott has built a great car - and I want to thank him publicly for inviting me in to the series. I’m looking forward to a lot of close racing, and I definitely want one of those Point-Six helmet trophies!

Cheers,

Dean
co-driver #44[/quote]

Thanks Dean…with you as my team mate I have zero excuses now…other than those that are self inflicted…like too many Casa Ramos margaritas!

Bennett…are you buying next month? :lol:

[quote=“sneville44” post=71477][quote=“dtfastbear” post=71444]Gentlemen,

Cheers,

Dean
co-driver #44[/quote]

Thanks Dean…with you as my team mate I have zero excuses now…other than those that are self inflicted…like too many Casa Ramos margaritas!

Bennett…are you buying next month? :lol:[/quote]

My pleasure! :evil:

What day are you driving? I want to concentrate my efforts on the right night!

Sunday was just an anomaly!