Roebling thread

[quote=“JustinHoMi” post=82215]Sorry, the SCCA has ruined me :([/quote]I hear that a lot!

I’m hoping to make Roebling as well, but right now the car is up in Charlotte getting a new back end, necessitated by my weekend at Daytona.

Keep going Danny, looking good so far!

http://sonof401.blogspot.com/2015/12/the-anatomy-of-assectomy.html?view=sidebar

The current truth is that the Roebling event will host the triumphant debut of the David Walsh mobile Dynojet.

Reminder re. 2016 tech and SA2005 helmets.

http://spece30.com/forum/31-southeast/82081-tech-inspection-and-sa2005-helmets

The 2016.1 CCR says the following about helmets:

15.17.3 Helmet
… Helmets must be approved by Snell and carry a sticker of Snell SA2005 or newer* …

[color=#ff0000]Note: the new standard of SA2010 and FIA8899-2010 is expected to be implemented as of January 1, 2017.[/color]

(The red text is straight out of the CCR.)

[quote=“ctbimmer” post=82252]The 2016.1 CCR says the following about helmets:

15.17.3 Helmet
… Helmets must be approved by Snell and carry a sticker of Snell SA2005 or newer* …

[color=#ff0000]Note: the new standard of SA2010 and FIA8899-2010 is expected to be implemented as of January 1, 2017.[/color]

(The red text is straight out of the CCR.)[/quote]
Good catch. I could have sworn that in years past the helmets expired at the end of the calendar year that the new standard came out. Odd. I’ll fix it in the source post too.

18 signed up as of 12Jan. Great turnout for a Roebling event! Only 1 short of deep Toyobucks.

Bill Zawrotny
Rob Eskew
Alex Barroso
Mark Issa
Walter Araya
Chuck Taylor
Ty Young
Sandro Espinosa
Ryan Whitinger
Aaron Whitinger
Jon Stroup
Steve Lako
Scott Gress
James Hartridge (from comp school)
Laura Parkhurst
Kris Gustafson (who?)
Eric Crawshaw
Robert Patton

John Clark?
Jeff Retey?
Brian and Oscar Edmonds?
Michael Young?
Harness’s?
VA, NC, and FL guys?

Awesome that Mark and Bill are signed up. We don’t see enough of them. Note that we’ve got a newby in comp school. James is Savannah based, bringing Savannah back from it’s loss of Rich Bratton to the SpecE30 per capita world headquarters. Anyone know Kris Gustafson?

Pls make sure that you have a plan for race tech. I mean a plan better than “try to find a way to do it Sat morning.” Either get tech done before the event, or talk to me prior to the event so we can plan to do it Fri evening. I will likely be too busy to tech cars Sat morning and there will be a big line for NASA Tech at $100 ea.

Anybody interested in splitting a hotel room? Looking to get my sleeping situation sorted out in the near future.

I am looking forward to first racing since September. I plan to arrive Thursday night and do tech Friday morning. Then a day of practice.

Eric, if you want to rough it, you can bunk in my trailer. Bring an electric blanket, or good sleeping bag, and pad.

Right now the forecast shows possible rain. I expect Gress can fix that.

See ya there.

I’m looking for two good front fenders. Mine are a little messed up, and with a new paint job coming up soon might as well go all out.

If anyone going to Roebling has one or two to sell, let me know please, with price. Thanks!

Rock Auto $60. I bought 2 pair of them a couple years ago. Shipping was kinda steep, which is why I bought so many. Also, I had to be home to accept the delivery. When the car last went to the paint shop, I took the spare fenders and had them painted too. They were black when they arrived, but it was some kind of glossy primer, not really automotive grade paint.

Got two of each side from Rock Auto. Same deal as Scott. You know where the container is.

RP

I usually get mine off of ebay.

Here is a pair for $145 with free shipping

Ebay link

[quote=“RAAW_Motorsports” post=82312]I usually get mine off of ebay.

Ebay link[/quote]
Ryan, have you bought from this particular seller? With free shipping is significantly cheaper than RockAuto.

Chuck,

I have used them a few times for parts including fenders. In fact, I just ordered a LF fender this morning.

Ryan

[quote=“ctbimmer” post=82320][quote=“RAAW_Motorsports” post=82312]I usually get mine off of ebay.

Ebay link[/quote]
Ryan, have you bought from this particular seller? With free shipping is significantly cheaper than RockAuto.[/quote]

That’s a good price. What is compatability like between cars? Are 2 door and 4 door fenders the same? Are they all the same from 87 up?

Justin,

I have found that the front fenders pretty much fit all years. Not sure which years but some trimming may need to be done on the inside lip towards the door of the fender. This is not a visible area, but for some years need to be trimmed. As for the fender itself, they fit well. 2 door and 4 door front fenders are the same.

Ryan

I’m with Ryan. I’ve found some small differences in fenders over the years, but the differences weren’t that hard to work around.

My perception is that coupe and sedan fenders are the same, but I don’t know that for a fact. Part #'s from RealOEM might be able to provide an answer. Note tho that RealOEM isn’t always 100% perfect.

Cool, yeah, according to realoem an 87 two door and 90 four door fender part numbers are the same.

Boys and girls, pls help me write the SpeedNews article by providing pics and posting vids.

Both videos in video gallery. Great weekend everyone. Gress, you need to stay out past 10pm.