Roebling thread

Got two of each side from Rock Auto. Same deal as Scott. You know where the container is.

RP

I usually get mine off of ebay.

Here is a pair for $145 with free shipping

Ebay link

[quote=“RAAW_Motorsports” post=82312]I usually get mine off of ebay.

Ebay link[/quote]
Ryan, have you bought from this particular seller? With free shipping is significantly cheaper than RockAuto.

Chuck,

I have used them a few times for parts including fenders. In fact, I just ordered a LF fender this morning.

Ryan

[quote=“ctbimmer” post=82320][quote=“RAAW_Motorsports” post=82312]I usually get mine off of ebay.

Ebay link[/quote]
Ryan, have you bought from this particular seller? With free shipping is significantly cheaper than RockAuto.[/quote]

That’s a good price. What is compatability like between cars? Are 2 door and 4 door fenders the same? Are they all the same from 87 up?

Justin,

I have found that the front fenders pretty much fit all years. Not sure which years but some trimming may need to be done on the inside lip towards the door of the fender. This is not a visible area, but for some years need to be trimmed. As for the fender itself, they fit well. 2 door and 4 door front fenders are the same.

Ryan

I’m with Ryan. I’ve found some small differences in fenders over the years, but the differences weren’t that hard to work around.

My perception is that coupe and sedan fenders are the same, but I don’t know that for a fact. Part #'s from RealOEM might be able to provide an answer. Note tho that RealOEM isn’t always 100% perfect.

Cool, yeah, according to realoem an 87 two door and 90 four door fender part numbers are the same.

Boys and girls, pls help me write the SpeedNews article by providing pics and posting vids.

Both videos in video gallery. Great weekend everyone. Gress, you need to stay out past 10pm.

Well, it was going to get out sooner or later. I fear that I must admit that the lifestyle I’ve long portrayed of beer, comradery, and chick chasing all evening, followed by vigorous sex until dawn, is actually somewhat of an exaggeration.

I do ok with the beer and comradery, but then it’s bedtime.

Damn, getting old sucks, doesn’t it Scott:woohoo:

Well, truth be told, it’s all an act. I spent 8yrs in college and that period was very focused on failure prevention, running and cycling. Beer and chicks were relegated to a rare distraction. I didn’t get around to going to a bar and actually getting a drink until age 26.

After college, while trying to do the Army thing in various armpits, it was all about triathlon. When on a training ride near the Korean DMZ, for example, I almost blew myself up when my dropped water bottle went skittering into a minefield.

From the perspective of a girl with any sense, I had no value at all until mid 30’s. I’m lucky I found a girl that would have me. She being a lawyer and all, I toe the line with great care. I do occasionally get berated for too much sexual innuendo, but such are the burdens of all us comedians.

Guess you were just happy to be alive? :wink:

[quote=“Ranger” post=82324]I’m with Ryan. I’ve found some small differences in fenders over the years, but the differences weren’t that hard to work around.
[/quote]To kind of finish the discussion about fenders, I ended up buying two of the RockAuto fenders from Robert, in part because they were immediately available. Interesting the fitment challenges. And, not the same issues on both sides. I don’t know where the good people of Taiwan got the cough-cough “measurements”, but I had to seriously trim away much of the inner edge on the left side, from about midway all the way to the rocker, to get it to properly follow the curve of the inner structure. The left fender required 3x the trimming as the right.

Also, the two holes that bolt up to the A-pillar were completely in the wrong spot, and the slots into which the captive body nut should go do not exist…Had to make my own measurements and holes/slots from scratch. Lastly, the forward upper bolt hole, by the headlights, did not exist. Had to mark and drill that as well. The eventual fit isn’t bad, the hood gap is about right and with some finagling on one side got the door gap about right.

Overall, chewed up a good bit of the day that I didn’t have to spare.

Guess you were just happy to be alive? ;)[/quote]Funny how the lack of a simple two-letter word completely changes the meaning…