Roebling thread

19 Participants as of 24Sep
Alex Barroso
Chuck Taylor
David Walsh
Jeff Retey
John Clark
Eric Crawshaw (Atl based newby in Comp School)
Ty and Michael Young
Sandro
Ryan and Aaron Whitinger. And, thankfully, Melissa.
Steve Lako
Chris Harkins
Laura Parkhurst
Robert Patton
Scott Gress
Ken Baines
Jon Stroup
Chris Gahl (Another Atl bases newby. Did comp school last Dec).

Friday is Comp School and Test & Tune

Note the parking map is a little different than it used to be. Our area is shifted left a little towards the fuel pumps. http://nasa-se.com/i/paddocks/RoeblingRoad.jpg

Sandro has been talking about a big cookout Friday night. We should keep up a steady flow of encouragement on this.

Our guestroom is available. Applicants are required to have reasonable personal hygiene, and like kids & dogs. We are 25min from the track.

So I was thinking about doing a cookout - is Friday night the best, or Saturday night?

While Saturday is the best, you end up competing with the NASA dinner.

I’ll call Pantas and see what he has in mind.

RP

Robert, we decided on Friday night, much better option, I forgot about the awards dinner/party!

I’m going to be there thursday night and I’ll start prepping Friday around 6pm

It is show time and recognition time.

Talked to Pantas and he agreed to let us do an end-of-day Australian start race. Will advise the cost.So, it is not so much a gimmick IFU as it is a real race.

Saturday night He’ll recognize the Spec E30 racers at the normal banquet.

On Saturday night it should be one BIG SE30 celebration and Jim will send an email to all that have participated to come down and race/join us.

Where is Walsh?

RP

Scott, Ryan, Fred others, who can you get to show up for this celebration?

RP

I just registered for Friday T&T and racing. My current plan is to arrive Thursday late evening so I can get in a full day of practice on Friday. My attendance for Friday night is TBD - my wife really likes Savannah and currently plans to join me for the weekend. If so, rather than subject her to the SE30 party scene (will Al be there?), we will probably be dining away from the track. :wink:

I look forward to hearing all about the East/West Nats!

[quote=“Patton” post=81640]Scott, Ryan, Fred others, who can you get to show up for this celebration?

RP[/quote]
I’m in for everything. Well, everything short of wife-swapping. Fred’s not coming. RR is a long way for a him. He’s starting all over again on his car build. I’m sure Ryan’s in, but he did really well the first time so there’s no way he’s in for your wife-swapping idea.

We’ll probably see him at RA in Dec but I wouldn’t expect to see him race again until the first 2016 race. I talked to Al K and he’s going to try to do RR.

I don’t understand the reference to the celebration. There’s Friday at Sandro’s, there’s the Saturday NASA dinner, is the celebration something separate?

[quote=“Ranger” post=81645]
I’m in for everything. Well, everything short of wife-swapping. Fred’s not coming.[/quote]

I’m thinking there was probably a good place to put in a paragraph break. :woohoo:

Steve, come on down for a weekend getaway.
Got a bit to celebrate with the fantastic showing at both the East and West championships.

RP

Robert -

I appreciate the invite. I might swing down to Daytona that weekend to watch the Spec Miata race under the lights at the Runoffs. Former SE30 standout Greg Geegar (I think that’s his name) is a Daytona resident with accommodations slightly more upscale than the typical Pooler murder-scene motel.

I look forward to catching up sometime at RA.

Steve

Julie sent out an email encouraging folks to sign up for the Friday track day, and also to see if there were volunteers to help with Comp School.

I’ve helped out in both SE and MidAtl comp schools. There are inevitably a lot of gray area things that you’ve learned, that don’t get discussed. This isn’t a criticism of the schools, it’s just that each racer-instructor has different ideas about what is important so it takes a half-dozen instructors participating before 90% of the issues worth discussing get mentioned.

Participating as a comp school instructor is your chance to help newbies enter racing smarter and better prepared. If you don’t know RR, helping out at comp school is a good way to get some laps on a new track for free. Which, ah, kinda explains why I was helping out at those comp schools .

Any idea when the schedule is coming out, the confirmation email was yesterday. If that’s not public, are we first, second, or third race on Sunday? (Trying to plan my Sunday since Monday is always a travel to Miami day, sigh)

First draft of schedule came out a couple hours ago. 3 race groups. Since it’s only a first draft, it’s likely to change.

Qual 10:45
Race 2-2:25
Australian 5:10-5:30

Qual 9:25
Race 1:47-2:19

Signed up for comp school, looking forward to it! B)

Sandro, if you need anything at the last minute to make your Friday chow effort work, give me a holler. Since I’m the local, it would be easier for me to fetch whatever is needed than others.

Thanks brother. I should be good but will let you know if anything is needed. We plan on being there Thursday night.
Eric, good news, now sign up for the Australian Pursuit.
The trophy arrived yesterday, it’s gonna be fun

Revised plans for me - I’ll be solo for the weekend and staying at the track. So, I’m in for Friday dinner and celebration. Sandro, let me know what I can bring or do to help.

Great Jon. Sign up for the Australian Pursuit on the Nasa-se site, towards the bottom. We are taking qualy times and reversing the order for a fun race, but rally style starts.

We should encourage the other E30’s to join us in the Australian race. The Pantas E30 will be at Roebling. Also, Bud Scott, a Savannah based eta guy, will be racing PTE. Anyone against this?