Prepped or nearly prepped E30 wanted

I’ve met a guy here in Savannah, by the name of Al, that has caught the bug. I’m twisting his arm to orient on SpecE30. It might be working. Talk to me about available cars in FL, SE or MA regions. Short term he’ll probably want to drive to DE’s, but he might be interest in a trailer too.

Scott,

My car (asking $12,900), among a couple of others, are in the Classified section. Tell him to check those out.

Sasha

He knows about those. But there’s always other cars hidden away in dark garages ready for a new owner. My intent was to smoke out the unadvertised ones.

When I was looking for a car, of the two that ended up on my short list, neither had been formally up for sale.

Fellow down in GA has car and trailer ready for sale. Name is Wayne and the car is red, with cage, etc. I think he had it advertised on Bimmerforums, but not sure. It was reasonably priced for car and trailer.

Also, I have 1987 325i which I’ve been preparing and using in DE’s for last 2 years. Has spec shocks, springs, race seats, fuel cell, and interior is gutted ready for cage. Still uses stock swaybars. Needs the cage, shutoff switch, spec exhaust, and some other minor changes to compete in E30 class. Have 2 sets of 14" wheels and tires, although they are Hankooks, and not spec tires for the series competition.

Last July, rocker arm on #2 cylinder broke at Putnam, but no damage other than that. I am going to fix and run, unless someone wants this car, as I would like to move to the E36 spec class, or run an E30 M3 in SCCA and Nasa classes.

If interested, my office number is 270-442-1900 M-F, 8-5 CST. I can email you pics of the car if you want.

Greetings, I’m Al

Scott started this thread and evidently has been relentless in his pursuit of another spec E30 in town. I happened by and got sucked in. I do not presently race and do not have an interest in modifying my daily driver. I am interested in a track car and it makes perfect sense to look for prepped spec E30 available for a reasonable price.

Scott, my wife would like to speak with you.

rackeu wrote:

[quote]Greetings, I’m Al
Scott, my wife would like to speak with you.[/quote]

Lol. I’m already getting grief from one wife. It’s hardly fair for them both to gang up on me. My mantra is “honey, it’s safer then cycling”. We need a mantra for you.

Ranger wrote:

Wrong mantra. A better one is “but honey this is cheaper and safer than single-handed open ocean racing”, or “sky diving”, or “rodeo competition”.

For a really low low price, Mr. Junky is always for sale. (Plus a free set of Ginsu knife).

If you would like to see it, come on by Roebling tomorrow. Not a Spec E30 car but a great DE rat.

*Set my personal best time today. :slight_smile:

I may be interested in the ginsu knives.

I am at Roebling today driving a 645ci stationed behind the snack shack.

csrow wrote:

[quote]
*Set my personal best time today. :)[/quote]

Oh do tell.

There is a partially built red '88 in NC on r3vlimited. I think he wants about 4k for it. I would be all over it if it wasn’t so far from me. Here is the link.

THANKS FOR THE RIDE!

I can only imagine what Mr. Junky could do without my large butt in the passenger seat. My group was right after my ride with you and my instructor had to pull me back in as I was way too hot for my skill level and had no perception of speed. Enjoyed meeting you, too bad we had to end early for the rain but got some good runs in.

Thanks again, that set of Ginsu commemorative steak knives will come in very handy

Chi, what group was at RR this past weekend?

How fast is your personal best fast/

Gonna race it this year?

Why not?

Regards, Robert Patton

rackeu wrote:

[quote]THANKS FOR THE RIDE!

I can only imagine what Mr. Junky could do without my large butt in the passenger seat. My group was right after my ride with you and my instructor had to pull me back in as I was way too hot for my skill level and had no perception of speed. Enjoyed meeting you, too bad we had to end early for the rain but got some good runs in.

Thanks again, that set of Ginsu commemorative steak knives will come in very handy[/quote]

Oooops, I forgot to tell you about the ‘Speed Morphine’. After a high speed ride, your brain gets numbed to lower speed inputs. It’s very common.

Glad you enjoyed the ride and your knife set. I think you are hooked on E30s now.
Hope to see you at other events.

Crown PCA

Due to pure luck and the cold weather, I was able to hit 1:24.502. The sum of fastest sections was 1:23:584 so there is another second to be found if the weather is below 45 degrees.

No

No money and I am a chicken (not the eating kind). Although I am thinking about getting a comp license so that I can co-drive someone else’s car in an enduro.

Regards, Mr. Junky

That’s damn fast Chi, wtg. Kicks my butt. As usual. Sigh.

So I guess you have a Traqmate now?

Ranger wrote:

No, can’t afford a Traqmate. Just my poor man’s version (MaxQdata) which I have been using for past two years.

csrow wrote:

[quote]Ranger wrote:

No, can’t afford a Traqmate. Just my poor man’s version (MaxQdata) which I have been using for past two years.[/quote]

Hmm. How has that been working out for studying your data and comparing it to others? I had a MaxQData a couple yrs ago.

Mine is for sale…

csrow wrote:

[Due to pure luck and the cold weather, I was able to hit 1:24.502. The sum of fastest sections was 1:23:584 so there is another second to be found if the weather is below 45 degrees.

Regards, Mr. Junky[/quote]

Very Impressive…If you are doing 1:24’s in a car with no cage, you are no chicken!!Get the comp license.

Don