PFC pads

I’m thinking of buying a set of PFCs just for contingency purposes. I had the brilliant idea of buying pfc street pads for the ix but bimmerworld only sells PFC race pads for non m e30s. The free bottle of PFC r665 fluid makes me want to do it now otherwise I would have just waited for my hp+ to fail. I love everything about the hp+ but the best tires they have had to deal with were when I borrowed Al’s practice r888s. I don’t know anything about PFCs but I want something totally consistent that doesn’t care about heat. I don’t plan on using brake ducts ever. So which compound do I need. Being in the midwest region last place might be sixth or more likely 3rd.

I used the 06 compound for a season. I never had a problem with them over heating. They stop well. Very consistent. They just don’t have a real hard initial bite. They also last a long time. You should be able to get close to a full season out of them.

I use 01 and 06. Love both of them. 01 little more bite, lasts 1 or 2 fewer races. I have tried mix and match for bias purposes. James Clay turned me on to that idea. If I want more front bite 01 on front and 06 on back. Or Vice versa if I need to help trail brake rotation. I have never had brake fade with either and in the summers it is over 100 degrees and I do not run brake ducting. I do change brake fluid every race though.

Any experiences with the 08?

Have not tried the new compound. Ran 06 front and rear this last weekend with fresh fluid and the car was a star under braking. As long as you don’t run in NorCal, I suggest this set up highly! Did pick up two bottles of fluid. Cool Offer from Bimmerworld.

Looking forward to installing my new 06s front and rear this weekend. Hopefully they work as well as the DTC60s and last much longer.

I tried to order a set of 06 for the rear last week and got a call from Bimmerworld that they have been replaced by the 08 and are NLA.

I just ordered a set (same story). We’ll see. They say they last longer. . .

I ordered a set of 08s for the rears a few days ago. I had planned to try out some of the DTC-70s using some Hawk Bucks, but those things don’t make sense at $199 for the rear axle.

I’ve got the PFC-08’s all around. I don’t really have a direct comparison to anything else, as it’s the only set of pads I’ve tried on the SE30. I can say though that I was very happy with them. According to BW, they both last longer than and have more torque than the 06’s. I’m not sure how that’s possible, but we’ll see.

Hi theShoe,
Why should you not run PFC06 if you are in Nor Cal?
I am in Nor Cal and after 2 year I am finally back to racing.

I’m runnin PFC 08s on all four corners and they seem to work really well.

Kevin;

Why “As long as you don’t run in NorCa” the 06’s are OK? Please elaborate?

I have run the 06s at 5 events this year and they still have enough pad left for another event. No complaints about their performance either.

I’m running PFC08’s. love them. I think I am using more pads. Was running PFC06 previously, thy lasted well, but no initial bite. I was running DS2500(?) pads before the PFC, and both were better than the DS2500. I run brake ducts.

The 08s worked great for me. They were my first set of real race pads so it was great not to be thinking my pads were broken in and then getting green fade on the track.

Ferodo? God those are awful. Years ago I burned thru a set of 2500s and 3000s in a weekend. I’m told that their pad technology hasn’t changed since the 70’s.

Yup, Ferodo. Not good!

I’ve been considering a switch to the PFC pads. My issue is pad taper. I can’t get more than 2 weekends from a set before they need changing in the front due to that problem. Anyone know how to fix that?

Rotate the pads on the front caliber, inside to outside & outside to inside after a weekend or two.
Just instaled 08s all around. Hope they last as long as the 06s