PFC pads

Are you running rubber guides? Brass bushes on ATE’s are supposed to fix this. I have always run them and haven’t had any taper. Also he heaps mor life out of my pads…

Stock Girlings here. Are the ATE calipers a direct bolt on setup? I would assume so…but…

Yup, ATE calipers are a direct bolt on. I had Girlings on mine and swapped to ATE no problems. The story is that ATEs are a better design, thus don’t taper. Also the rubber guides squirm, leading to taper. ATE’s with the brass guides are supposed to virtually eliminate this.

So, what year cars came with the ATE calipers? I can get them reman’d from Auto Zone locally, which is where I prefer to buy them.

I seemed to have found them for a 325E from 1986. I hope those will still work. A bit more expensive, but I will debate about spending teh cash and trying them.

My understanding is that whether the car had ATE or Girling front calipers depends on where the car was built, not when.

Are you changing out all four corners or just the fronts to the ATEs?

Just getting everything ready for next month. Looks like BimmerWorld is out of E30 pads. Anyone order from anywhere else? It would be nice to have the contingency, but nicer to be able to slow down.

Just the fronts hopefully. I’m still dealing with the clutch and rear main seals…

I could be wrong, but it looks like the 08 pads are out of stock, though 01 pads are available.

My car was a 1986 325e and came with Girlings. I swapped to used ATE calipers, and rebuild them with brass guides, stainless steel pistons, new bleed nipples and new seals (and a very quick hone). All very easy to do.

Also, my understanding is that all E30’s have ATE rear calipers.

try www.ogracing.com

Thanks Robert, good tip.

Couldn’t wait any longer for BW to get stock, ordered from OG. I miss my contingency opportunity.