Official Sebring Smack Talk Thread

Okay… at this point it looks like John and I can only smack talk ourselves… but we figured we should have a smack talk thread like the Southeast guys do :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So in case you haven’t guessed, we’ve officially signed up to race the SpecE30 at the upcoming FL region Sebring event… woo hoo!
Now we just need everyone else to get those builds finished up so we have someone to play with.

(Insert your own “playing with yourself” joke here…)

I accuse you of cheating - I can name at least 1 item on your car that is not legal, and I am going to protest you.

Is there a tower you can pass on the wrong side?

jblack wrote:

[quote]I accuse you of cheating - I can name at least 1 item on your car that is not legal, and I am going to protest you.

Is there a tower you can pass on the wrong side?[/quote]

LOL!
Get your form ready baby! :woohoo:

you two are nuts!! loser gets driving duties on the tow rig home?

jblack wrote:

[quote]I accuse you of cheating - I can name at least 1 item on your car that is not legal, and I am going to protest you.

Is there a tower you can pass on the wrong side?[/quote]

Awesome! You guys are off to a perfect start!

Beating your wife at the track is no win.

Loosing to your wife at the track is possbily worse.

I’m considering stamp collecting. She has no interest in that.

I know Ranger has a full house with the wife and boys - maybe Skeen has a spare room…

:slight_smile:

Wish youse guys could have made the trip to Roebling Road last month. I look forward to meeting you soon.

Regards, Robert Patton

Patton wrote:

[quote]Wish youse guys could have made the trip to Roebling Road last month. I look forward to meeting you soon.

Regards, Robert Patton[/quote]

So do we… but such is life. I’m sure it won’t be long until we head north to play with you southeast folks. (Now that just sounds wierd - heading north to get to “the south” :cheer: )

Maybe we’ll be able to con some of you guys to come to Sebring in the fall - October in Central FL is nice because it’s starting to cool off… and in FL we have two sprint races per day (4 per weekend).

jblack wrote:

[quote]Beating your wife at the track is no win.

Loosing to your wife at the track is possbily worse.

I’m considering stamp collecting. She has no interest in that.

I know Ranger has a full house with the wife and boys - maybe Skeen has a spare room…

:)[/quote]

Watch it mister… your helmet might accidentally be left at home :slight_smile:

I can see the new hit Sunday night TV show – Desperate Racers, starring John and Natalie. And, everybody thought the infighting on Team McLaren-Mercedes last year was fierce – Hah!

I mean, come on, where’s the team orders, preferential qualifying sequence, and all the rest. This stuff so far is lightweight! Imagine if Lewis and Fernando had to share (ok fight) over just one car!

What are the dates?

they’re already married so they don’t date anymore

leggwork wrote:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

June 21-22… two weeks from Saturday.

ctbimmer wrote:

[quote]I can see the new hit Sunday night TV show – Desperate Racers, starring John and Natalie. And, everybody thought the infighting on Team McLaren-Mercedes last year was fierce – Hah!

I mean, come on, where’s the team orders, preferential qualifying sequence, and all the rest. This stuff so far is lightweight! Imagine if Lewis and Fernando had to share (ok fight) over just one car![/quote]

If only there’d been a camera crew when we were trying to get the seat and belts set for two drivers with (apparently!) very different length legs! Drama! :wink:

Enough of the “Black Smack” - anyone else going to come down? Chuck - any of you SE Scum coming?

Hey gang,

There is a 50/50 chance my build will be done. My problem is I fly back from Boston Friday night. I’ve gotta load the car get the kids and head over to Sebring that night. It’s going to be tight, but I really want to make Sebring. The car won’t be painted (basic white), but should have it’s proper stickers and log book… I’ll let y’all know if I’ll make it or not.

Sir Gary
89 325is
88 528e
87 M6

sir_gary wrote:

[quote]Hey gang,

There is a 50/50 chance my build will be done. My problem is I fly back from Boston Friday night. I’ve gotta load the car get the kids and head over to Sebring that night. It’s going to be tight, but I really want to make Sebring. The car won’t be painted (basic white), but should have it’s proper stickers and log book… I’ll let y’all know if I’ll make it or not.

Sir Gary
89 325is
88 528e
87 M6[/quote]

Awesome! Hope the schedule works out for you :slight_smile:
Do you have a lot of experience at Sebring? If so, you can show us the quick way around-we’ve only been there once in January.
At this point we think that John will run both races on one day of the weekend while I crew, and vice versa for the other day.

Don Stevens said he was planning to be there also, but to instruct for the DE and help out if need be… :slight_smile:

sir_gary wrote:

[quote]Hey gang,

Sir Gary
89 325is
88 528e
87 M6[/quote]

Gary,

I’ll give you a hand to help get thet car from 50/50 to 90/10. Let me know how I can help.

Don

donstevens wrote:

[quote]sir_gary wrote:

[quote]Hey gang,

Sir Gary
89 325is
88 528e
87 M6[/quote]

Gary,

I’ll give you a hand to help get thet car from 50/50 to 90/10. Let me know how I can help.

Don[/quote]

On that note… where in FL are you located Gary?

Don
Thanks you but I think we are ok. We are very close. I just got the car back last night from the welder so welded the sunroof, window net tab and quick release adapter to the steering wheel adapter. We just need to finish some gauge wiring, alignment, more interior painting, misc final assembly and cleaning 5000 greasy hand prints so it at least looks 1/2 presentable…:laugh:

We are going to decide on Sunday whether or not we will make both Saturday And Sunday or just Sunday. It’s just those little unexpected things the pop up that kill you. Since I’ll be out of town until Friday night, I not real comfortable, just running home grabbing the car and kids and heading over for a weekend race with a car that has 20 minutes of road time. If we just race Sunday that saves not only some money and gives us another day to make sure the car is proper.

One nice thing is my buddy/co-builder and BMW mechanic (Carl Gauss) is also a NASA tech inspector, so I know the car will pass tech :lol:

Natalie
I live in Sarasota, so Sebring is only about 1 1/2 hours away.