Official Sebring Smack Talk Thread

sir_gary wrote:

[quote]Don
Thanks you but I think we are ok. We are very close. I just got the car back last night from the welder so welded the sunroof, window net tab and quick release adapter to the steering wheel adapter. We just need to finish some gauge wiring, alignment, more interior painting, misc final assembly and cleaning 5000 greasy hand prints so it at least looks 1/2 presentable…:laugh:

We are going to decide on Sunday whether or not we will make both Saturday And Sunday or just Sunday. It’s just those little unexpected things the pop up that kill you. Since I’ll be out of town until Friday night, I not real comfortable, just running home grabbing the car and kids and heading over for a weekend race with a car that has 20 minutes of road time. If we just race Sunday that saves not only some money and gives us another day to make sure the car is proper.

One nice thing is my buddy/co-builder and BMW mechanic (Carl Gauss) is also a NASA tech inspector, so I know the car will pass tech :lol:

Natalie
I live in Sarasota, so Sebring is only about 1 1/2 hours away.[/quote]

We hear ya on that “soooo close” feeling! I swear we were so close for months!
1 1/2 hours - that’s not a bad tow at all B) (Actually that’s what our tow to Mid Ohio used to be… sigh) We’re looking at about 3 hours… traffic dependent of course.
We did some prep work on the car this weekend (new pads, bled the brakes & clutch, changed the oil, etc, etc) so that we’re ready to go.
At this point we’re not sure who’s driving which day… but there’s a VERY strong potential that this, like other important life decisions, will be decided with a coin flip :silly: Either way - it’s bound to be an exciting weekend for us rookie racers!

natblack wrote:
Awesome! Hope the schedule works out for you :slight_smile:
Do you have a lot of experience at Sebring? If so, you can show us the quick way around-we’ve only been there once in January.

Don Stevens said he was planning to be there also, but to instruct for the DE and help out if need be… :)[/quote]

Natalie - I will be there both days but of course with no car to drive as it is in Ohio for the summer with my partner.

I have been around Sebring probably twice as many times as you have been around Nelson. I know enough tricks to help ensure that you beat John’s lap times. I am not averse to taking bribes :wink:

Don

I’ll start the bidding at a dollar.

Wait - where the hell is the checkbook?

NATALIE!!!

jblack wrote:

[quote]I’ll start the bidding at a dollar.

NATALIE!!![/quote]
I’m telling ya’, you guys are Desperate Racers! Grab a camcorder, capture some rough footage for the pilot, and try to sell it to Joe TV (Tripp) from Speed Channel. This is good stuff!

[quote]natblack wrote:
Awesome! Hope the schedule works out for you :slight_smile:
Do you have a lot of experience at Sebring? If so, you can show us the quick way around-we’ve only been there once in January.

Don Stevens said he was planning to be there also, but to instruct for the DE and help out if need be… :slight_smile:

donstevens wrote:
Natalie - I will be there both days but of course with no car to drive as it is in Ohio for the summer with my partner.

I have been around Sebring probably twice as many times as you have been around Nelson. I know enough tricks to help ensure that you beat John’s lap times. I am not averse to taking bribes :wink:

Don[/quote]

Woo hoo! Bribery I can do!
How about lunch in our pit garage Saturday & Sunday?! I’ll make cookies even! :woohoo:
When are you planning to get into Sebring on Friday? Not sure here, but I just want to clear the downtown/I-4/275 area before rush hour gets going…

I guess I’ll need to memorize turn numbers… I’m good until turn 7, then they all blur together until I get to 17 :huh:

ctbimmer wrote:

[quote]jblack wrote:

[quote]I’ll start the bidding at a dollar.

NATALIE!!![/quote]
I’m telling ya’, you guys are Desperate Racers! Grab a camcorder, capture some rough footage for the pilot, and try to sell it to Joe TV (Tripp) from Speed Channel. This is good stuff![/quote]

:stuck_out_tongue: I’ll have to go on a diet then… you know the camera adds 20 pounds!

natblack wrote:
[I’ll have to go on a diet then… you know the camera adds 20 pounds![/quote]

:woohoo: That is a good one.

I am not going over until Sat. morning. I leave Clearwater at 5:00A and get there by 7:15a.

Are you staying at the Chateau? I have not made a room resv. yet.

Don

donstevens wrote:

[quote]natblack wrote:
[I’ll have to go on a diet then… you know the camera adds 20 pounds![/quote]

[quote]:woohoo: That is a good one.

I am not going over until Sat. morning. I leave Clearwater at 5:00A and get there by 7:15a.

Are you staying at the Chateau? I have not made a room resv. yet.

Don[/quote]

That’ll be an early morning… get to bed early :wink:
Yes, we’re staying at the Chateau… being that I’m NOT a morning person, I like to stay as close to the track as possible.
I made our reservation using the “Performance Drivers” group rate. I’m not sure if they’re still taking reservations for the group rate or not, but it’s worth a try. (863) 655-6252

10-4,

Thanks for the phone number. You saved me having to look it up. :cheer: You get tip number one that will help you save a sec on John’s times!!

Don

Well I did it. I just registered for the Sunday race. Saturday just wasn’t going to work out. All I should have to do Saturday is put the seat and belt back in, put the decals on and load the sucker on the trailer.

We will be coming over early Sunday, so if you can post where you are going to be set up, we’ll try to park by y’all for the Spec E30 corral! lol

Too bad there isn’t a practice session, I guess qualy and the first race are going to be our shake down runs. Its not optimal situation, but hey you take what you can get.:wink:

It’s like Christmas when you are a kid, 6 days seems like weeks!:slight_smile:

donstevens wrote:

[quote]10-4,

Thanks for the phone number. You saved me having to look it up. :cheer: You get tip number one that will help you save a sec on John’s times!!

Don[/quote]
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good, I think I’m going to need all the tips I can get because I’m actually going to have some competition! John just shared with me that he wants to race on Saturday, so I’ll be running on Sunday and will have Gary to race with :slight_smile:

sir_gary wrote:

[quote]Well I did it. I just registered for the Sunday race. Saturday just wasn’t going to work out. All I should have to do Saturday is put the seat and belt back in, put the decals on and load the sucker on the trailer.

We will be coming over early Sunday, so if you can post where you are going to be set up, we’ll try to park by y’all for the Spec E30 corral! lol

Too bad there isn’t a practice session, I guess qualy and the first race are going to be our shake down runs. Its not optimal situation, but hey you take what you can get.:wink:

It’s like Christmas when you are a kid, 6 days seems like weeks!:)[/quote]

Excellent! The first SpecE30 race in Florida! :silly: You get to come out to dice with me… I’m racing Sunday, John has Saturday.

And since this is a smack talk thread… IT’S ON!
(I know… lame… but it’s hard to smack talk someone you’ve never met, especially as a complete rookie :huh: )

At least we’ll have some company until the crazy-fast Porsche GT-3 group catches up to lap us!

Oh GREAT, I get to race a GIRL!! :stuck_out_tongue:
Either way I lose,
either I get beat by a GIRL:angry: (the most likely scenario)
or I beat a GIRL! :blush:

Hey who sez smack talk can’t be sexist? :woohoo:

Welcome to my life, Gary…

sir_gary wrote:

[quote]Oh GREAT, I get to race a GIRL!! :stuck_out_tongue:
Either way I lose,
either I get beat by a GIRL:angry: (the most likely scenario)
or I beat a GIRL! :blush:

Hey who sez smack talk can’t be sexist? :woohoo:[/quote]

Sexy smack talk???!!! The SE crew has nothin’ on us! :kiss: Does this mean I have to wear a thong under my driving suit?

Don’t worry I won’t put the “You Just Got Passed By A Girl” sticker on my car just yet! (Actually, it’s on a magnet… John doesn’t feel comfortable having in on the car when he’s driving :evil:)

Oh course you must where the thong, I have mine on…:ohmy:

i had planned to come out and at minimum watch the race this weekend - but i got roped into a baptism instead, which is something akin to ordering grey goose and getting goose dung instead. anyway, since i wont be attending, may i humbly request some video be taken of spec e30/sebring action?? please include as much intra-marital smack talk/sabotage/bickering footage as tape and common decency will allow.

sir_gary wrote:

Oooo… Sir Gary in a thong. :S That is a bad visual image in my head…

Watch your smack talk too buddy… You aint gonna beat Natalie…I’m gonna be coaching her all day Saturday and by Sunday she’ll be quicker than a 14 year old boy at the Mustang Ranch!!!:cheer:

On the serious side, you might ask if you can run the car in the morning instructor of HPDE 4 sessions. You know, in pro race situations they give people “hardship warm up” laps to verify nothing is going to fall off a newly repaired car under race conditions. It is worth a try.

Don

donstevens wrote:

[quote]sir_gary wrote:

Oooo… Sir Gary in a thong. :S That is a bad visual image in my head…

Watch your smack talk too buddy… You aint gonna beat Natalie…I’m gonna be coaching her all day Saturday and by Sunday [/quote]
Oh great! Now the pressure’s on! :S As if I wasn’t a little nervous to begin with…
But I’ll be taking all the tips I can get… (I’m making cookies today-bribery!)

Speaking of a bad visual…

[quote]On the serious side, you might ask if you can run the car in the morning instructor of HPDE 4 sessions. You know, in pro race situations they give people “hardship warm up” laps to verify nothing is going to fall off a newly repaired car under race conditions. It is worth a try.

Don[/quote]

According to the schedule there is an H4/TT Session scheduled for 9-9:25… it’s worth a try. Qualifying is 9:50… not a long time in between to make adjustments… but you could at least get in a lap or two to make sure nothing is going to fall off. I’d probably give the race director Larry Mahanor - 954.370.3398 (eve) a call. Couldn’t hurt to try.

Now for the truly IMPORTANT question of the day:
Does anyone make a thong in Nomex or CarbonX? :laugh: