NCM Review (mine anyway)

So it was hot. Damn hot. Really damn hot. Enough of that.

The track at NCM is very technical. I heard that a lot from a lot of people and what that means is there are a lot of turns and they are not terribly fast. that is a true statement but what it fails to recognize is that each turn must be done perfectly in order to get the fastest lap time or to keep up with the person you are chasing. We were all worried that there would not be much passing on the track during the race simply based on the configuration of the track. However, that turned out to be completely untrue. This track demands respect from every driver because if you want to you can get in trouble very easily but if you want to race hard and clean you can also do that as long as you understand the corners. If you like horsepower, this track is not for you. If you like precision, this is your track. Our cars slide all over the place but you have to make them slide properly to be competitive. To give you a perspective of the track size and speed, the thunder roadsters were 10 seconds quicker but they never caught us. It is that big. Lap times are almost a minute slower than road Atlanta. Personally, I absolutely love the track and had two of the best races I have ever had. I sincerely believe that 25 Spec E30’s on this track would possibly be one of the most competitive races we would ever have and everyone would be in a tight race the whole time. I know VIR was this weekend but next year this needs to be a requirement on your schedule if you can make it happen.

PS the facilities are mostly still under construction but it was apparent that they are trying very hard to make it a first class facility.