March VIR

Only two weeks to go. Who is in?

R.Cofer
SE30 #184

I’ll be there. First time at VIR… and first time in an SE30. Should be… interesting. Hopefully I can pick up a lot on Friday.

Looks like we have a great field for VIR!

Julian Cates
Andrew Zimmermann
Colin Fabeny
Evan Levine
Dan Kroll
Richard Cofer
Julio Palacio
Robert Grace
Robert Gagliardo
Eric Palacio
jason tower
Virgil R.(Rick) Mariani
Mike Fonte

Brandon Hey & Mike Davidson are also planning on attending.

Travis Wilson will be there, I think…I am still in Colorado or I would be there…had a blast at the Feb race…gonna miss it.

Al

In like a mo-fugga

Evan Levine #118

hunt? herrington? i hear jay marks will be there so about half the field will be SE regulars. you MA guys may beat us on track but we’ll demolish you in the after hours paddock activities. unless you call up jonny allen from the reserves, he’s trouble.

Add Tom Hall to the list. Brother Jeff will be instructing.

[quote=“andrew240z” post=64225]Looks like we have a great field for VIR!

Julian Cates
Andrew Zimmermann
Colin Fabeny
Evan Levine
Dan Kroll
Richard Cofer
Julio Palacio
Robert Grace
Robert Gagliardo
Eric Palacio
jason tower
Virgil R.(Rick) Mariani
Mike Fonte[/quote]

If we can get to 19 entrants (and all start) then it makes the Toyo contingency much better. Did you guys see that p10 - 14 gets rewarded?

registered last night. Looking forward to it!

I’m in. See you guys there. Is anyone blocking off space? I’ll be there Friday afternoon around 6pm.

Jason

[quote=“jls8177” post=64368]I’m in. See you guys there. Is anyone blocking off space? I’ll be there Friday afternoon around 6pm.

Jason[/quote]

We will be setting aside Spec E30 land on Thursday. Will do our best to keep some space open

Drive-gear.com

[quote=“andrew240z” post=64373][quote=“jls8177” post=64368]I’m in. See you guys there. Is anyone blocking off space? I’ll be there Friday afternoon around 6pm.

Jason[/quote]

We will be setting aside Spec E30 land on Thursday. Will do our best to keep some space open

Drive-gear.com[/quote]

Where are you guys shooting for? I’m coming up Thursday night. First time at VIR, so not real familiar with the paddock.

[quote=“juliancates” post=64377][quote=“andrew240z” post=64373][quote=“jls8177” post=64368]I’m in. See you guys there. Is anyone blocking off space? I’ll be there Friday afternoon around 6pm.

Jason[/quote]

Drive-gear.com[/quote]

Where are you guys shooting for? I’m coming up Thursday night. First time at VIR, so not real familiar with the paddock.[/quote]

Recently we have been setting up right in the middle area pretty much across from paddock entrace. look for the 50’ black haulmark with black f350

somehow i ended up with more rear brake pads (pfc06) than i’ll use all year, if anyone needs a set let me know

No one wants that junk anymore because of the new Hawk compound! :silly:

Check w/ Brandon Hey

This is the second race from Sunday. The first race I ended up on the third step of the podium (got held up by some Spec3 traffic) and was able to set the fastest lap of the race. The 2nd race had conditions that were a bit sketchy on the opening laps. Most of us were on full-dry setups and the track got faster and faster as the dry line developed. I worked my way up to 2nd position and on the last lap was close enough to Robert Grace to attempt a pass on the back straight away. It did not work out as planned. I think I put down the fastest lap of this race as well.

The driver camera becomes out of synch towards the end of the video by a few seconds.

http://youtu.be/cpyOkXFKqlI

the actual saturday race http://vimeo.com/39170517
and the official saturday race http://vimeo.com/39173282

Jason, others: For those of us too lazy to search all of the facespace pages, how was the racing? Results?

RP

[quote=“Patton” post=64488]Jason, others: For those of us too lazy to search all of the facespace pages, how was the racing? Results?

RP[/quote]

well sat was…not good. jay spun in turn 3 (which was under yellow, ev on the spot), colin took evasive action to avoid hitting him and instead hit the wrecker. colin’s car was totalled but everyone walked away unhurt. then a bunch of maitas came on the scene, the lead car hit his brakes and the cars behind him race piled up nose to tail, only a few emerged unscathed. red flagged on lap two, and the ev crews refused to do any more hot pulls for the rest of the weekend. sun was cleaner, although julian spun in turn 10 at the same exact time as a spec3 car spun and they collided in the grass, both were damaged but not beyond repair. sun qualifying was changed to a short qualifying race, then the afternoon race was normal. evan took second behind grace after gagliardo spun. eric unfortunately only finished one race of the three, once due to an electrical problem and once because he went off in hogpen. as for me a spec3 ran me off the track in sunday’s afternoon race resulting in a cross-track spin but no harm was done. there’s more but that’s the basic details. not sure why sun results aren’t on mylaps yet.