March VIR

It was actually right at the apex of T9 where we spun. I heard that there was a Porsche that spun there right around the same time the Spec3 did, but we didn’t get to meet up in the grass and talk about it later.

Not sure I’ve been to a race weekend with so many incidents. The wet/dry/drying conditions combined with wet grass/mud off track made for quite the weekend. Bummer that Eric P went for a ride in race 2, he showed a ton of speed this weekend and we had a good battle in race 1 - great drive, Eric. Awesome having Mike D. back in the mix, the man is a wheeler, wet or dry - unfortunately he was only there for Saturday’s ‘race’ that got cut short. Carter was on a tear in race 2 until the track dried out and his setup held him back, nice driving Carter. Rob G. also put together a great drive in the tough conditions, glad you didn’t hit anything in that high speed spin - that was scary stuff.
Props to our SE guest Evan who drove to a P2 finish in race 2 - haven’t seen the results yet but it sounds like he may have locked up the fastest lap too! Great work!

Red Flag Race: http://youtu.be/-4d-eT5hAUM?hd=1

Sunday Race 1: http://youtu.be/l9Oy5lSoanQ

Sunday Race 2: http://youtu.be/BHS9oex6W8M?hd=1

Congrats to our new racers that went through comp school this weekend, this weekend was a real test!

All in all a fun weekend and it was great hanging out with the SE guys - Hope to see everyone again soon!

Wow! that spin was crazy. Doesn;t get any faster than at that point on the track. Looks like you both moved on each other.

And Rob G.'s car is significantly faster in a straight line than Robert and Carter’s cars. That thing closes on the top end like a freight train!

now you ma guys have to return the favor by coming to cmp in may :slight_smile:

Man am I glad I didn’t go Spec3! RG couldn’t even get a push from one!

With the usual suspects at the front of the pack, I’m wondering how was the mid-pack racing?

Looks like SE racer Evan Levine did gooder on Sunday. Aspiring SE racers pin our hopes of stardom with the likes of Levine, Palacio and Schwartz.

Congratulations to Evan for a strong showing.

RP

I had fun racing in the middle/back. It was my first weekend on track since October so I was certainly rusty. Typically I run a little closer to the middle than the back but that was not the case this weekend. I was racing mostly with Fonte (I think that was his name) from Rochester and a little with Cofer.

I actually had an issue with a white spec e30, don’t know if it was Hall or Mariani or someone else. I was on the outside of them coming into 3 on the first lap, almost door to door, and they made a sudden move to the outside and pushed me off into the very wet grass. I’m not sure if they saw/heard me there or not. It seemed, based on how they moved, that they didn’t know I was there. I went for quite the long slide/spin (you can see it in O’Connell’s video on the forum). Unfortunately, I didn’t get video of this from my car. My video stopped on the front straight for some reason. I didn’t hit any tires or have any damage so I’m not worried about it.

I got separated from Fonte and Cofer on Sunday because of the restart from double yellow and all of the SSMs came in like a swarm of bees in turn 1. After that, I had fun running with some of those guys. Not a ton of track time for me with the red flag incident combined with a wiper issue on Saturday. Sunday was quite fun though. Looking forward to next time.

Jason