I know how to liven this place up . .

Toyo issued a service bulletin for the RR’s.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/606638/TSD-12-023%20-%20RR%20DOT%20Mounting%20Orientation%20Recommendation.pdf

Someone will forget where they were in this rotation “cycle”. I bet a situation will come up where one will mount tires not according to this because or wear and then get splits…

[quote=“dgorman” post=69691][quote=“juliancates” post=69690]Toyo issued a service bulletin for the RR’s.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/606638/TSD-12-023%20-%20RR%20DOT%20Mounting%20Orientation%20Recommendation.pdf[/quote]

Someone will forget where they were in this rotation “cycle”. I bet a situation will come up where one will mount tires not according to this because or wear and then get splits…[/quote]

[quote=“Rob in VA” post=69694][quote=“dgorman” post=69691][quote=“juliancates” post=69690]Toyo issued a service bulletin for the RR’s.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/606638/TSD-12-023%20-%20RR%20DOT%20Mounting%20Orientation%20Recommendation.pdf[/quote]

Someone will forget where they were in this rotation “cycle”. I bet a situation will come up where one will mount tires not according to this because or wear and then get splits…[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL. yes I am familiar with paint pens and data… :laugh: You completely missed my point.

CFS

Can’t Fix Stupid.

RP

I’m sure that NO racer using RR will ever forget because we are all highly intelligent. :wink:

And I’m sure that several rounds of DE folk will get burned not knowing about Toyo’s suggestion for usage of the RR. That stinks, but race equipment is a different animal and consumers need to understand that to get the best out of it.

“I tuned my car to get a higher redline, but my engine only lasted 25k miles. What gives?” :laugh:

Big question here is how will they hold up in endurance races … Will the tread have issues before you run out of rubber? Testing will show …

[quote=“Rob in VA” post=69694][quote=“dgorman” post=69691][quote=“juliancates” post=69690]Toyo issued a service bulletin for the RR’s.

[/quote]

I hope there is enough side wall pallet to hold all the markings and notes you will need to keep track of a tire that going to separate and put you into a wall.

You might want to use a fine line instead of medium line you’ll be able to cram more info on it!

Stay safe my friends,

We should be required to use products that are known to improve safety or are safe and if there is any question it should be removed from the list. It would be nice to know what NASA thinks about this issue.

Agreed.

Also - the SM racers don’t seem to mention this issue. Lighter cars?

http://mazdaracers.com/topic/2800-here-it-isthe-toyo-rr/page__st__80

(votes for sudden weight 100lbs reduction in rules for new tires :wink: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: )

We might be getting wound up over nothing. By the end of Feb the tire will have gotten a bezillion track miles in winter tuning, DE’s and various club races in the deep South. Maybe we should just be patient and see how things work out.

I’m super glad Toyo is leaving it to paying customers to prove whether or not they released a decent/safe tire. Who needs production validation?

I’m super glad Toyo is leaving it to paying customers to prove whether or not they released a decent/safe tire. Who needs production validation?[/quote]

Agreed, and NASA is buying into it as well!

I’m super glad Toyo is leaving it to paying customers to prove whether or not they released a decent/safe tire. Who needs production validation?[/quote]

Agreed, and NASA is buying into it as well![/quote]
Initial reports tend to be wrong or greatly exaggerated. We should all take a deep breath.

Agreed, and NASA is buying into it as well![/quote]
Initial reports tend to be wrong or greatly exaggerated. We should all take a deep breath.[/quote]

:sick: :ohmy: :whistle:

Here is my point.

Regardless if the tire is good or not:

If you guess that there are nationally 500 racers (SM, Se30, 944) using a (avg guess) set once a month at $800 a set, you get $4.8MM in sales per year. Then tie in a multi-year contract.

With that income one would hope that testing of ANY tire is more than a few sessions and an endure here and there. My opinion is that the level of testing doesn’t match the level of known income the manufacture gets. Further, I’d like to see a whole season, with public awareness of testing of ANY tire before mandating it a spec tire.

Again, this is just my opinion.

I am excited to try it out and see how it goes, I just wish there was better data, however, it is what it is.

Well, I still stand behind our tire supplier and will be ordering my first new set of RR’s tonight.

So will the rest of us if you want to race and be remotely competitive.

So will the rest of us if you want to race and be remotely competitive.[/quote]

Just don’t do it tonight okay, don’t wanna be stuck on hold. :stuck_out_tongue:

Re Toyo RR: Here we go again…

FWIW Toyo makes r-comps in batches, not continuously, so it may be a while before the current batch is used up especially considering it’s the off season. Who knows what the next batch will be like.

Already proven