I know how to liven this place up . .

If you guys don’t already know all R comps are made the same way. This is a common event with a tire that has a significant amount of grip. Toyo, like the other manufacturers, would not let anyone race on the RR if they had even a single percentage of doubt that the tire was not safe. The behind the scenes work was done in Japan when this issue first came up and since then real world testing has been done, and not just a few enduros, as was mentioned. I’ve seen this in just about every tire raced here in the states. Once the proper procedures are followed everything else will fall in place…

Already proven[/quote]

Really? Please elaborate . Curious.

I’m interested in the process. , no disrespect - just curious :slight_smile:

[quote=“FARTBREF” post=69685]Just my opinion but the toyo-nasa marriage sucks for us. I have not bought new tires in over 3 years, would rather race on Azenis like in chump…Will be happy to run mid pack without spending any $$ with Toyo…sorry Sasco, Phil’s at least yall get my mount business.

Al[/quote]

Your my hero Al.I got a season pass to mt Bohemia but I’m pretty rusty. Let me know if you can make it up there!I would rather race on azenins also.

You need blizzaks to get there but come on AL I got a lodge. We’ll bring some bitches from findlandlia.

Already proven[/quote]

Really? Please elaborate . Curious.[/quote]

They have run them in several enduros already and many sets have gone 4.5-5hours even with minor slits at the tread splice. All along getting Hoosier lap times.

Already proven[/quote]

They have run them in several enduros already and many sets have gone 4.5-5hours even with minor slits at the tread splice. All along getting Hoosier lap times.[/quote]

Which enduros are longer than 3 hours that are not the 6hr embedded in the 25hr @ TH? Not trying to be a pain here…

I’m interested in the process. , no disrespect - just curious :)[/quote]

When this was first discovered Toyo went back to Japan and thoroughly went through the manufacturing process to check for any discrepancy. Nothing was found. Then began the on track testing. Like I have said before this is not an uncommon issue with R compound tires that offer exceptional grip. Hoosier, BFG, Michelin, Yoko, Kuhmo, even the RA-1 have and have had this problem. This one of the reasons you have prescribed mounting directions. All R comps have mounting directions, most don’t follow them though. To get the most out of a high grip R comp it would be benficial to follow the mounting and rotation directions from the start.

I’m interested in the process. , no disrespect - just curious :)[/quote]

When this was first discovered Toyo went back to Japan and thoroughly went through the manufacturing process to check for any discrepancy. Nothing was found. Then began the on track testing. Like I have said before this is not an uncommon issue with R compound tires that offer exceptional grip. Hoosier, BFG, Michelin, Yoko, Kuhmo, even the RA-1 have and have had this problem. This one of the reasons you have prescribed mounting directions. All R comps have mounting directions, most don’t follow them though. To get the most out of a high grip R comp it would be benficial to follow the mounting and rotation directions from the start.[/quote]

Okay.

Already proven[/quote]

They have run them in several enduros already and many sets have gone 4.5-5hours even with minor slits at the tread splice. All along getting Hoosier lap times.[/quote]

Which enduros are longer than 3 hours that are not the 6hr embedded in the 25hr @ TH? Not trying to be a pain here…[/quote]

The midwest had 5 hour. The southeast had 8 hour. SCCA, had a 13 hour

Already proven[/quote]

Which enduros are longer than 3 hours that are not the 6hr embedded in the 25hr @ TH? Not trying to be a pain here…[/quote]

The midwest had 5 hour. The southeast had 8 hour. SCCA, had a 13 hour[/quote]

Cool.

Update from the 25hrs. Just got a call from the Senior Manager of the Competition Performance Division of Toyo @ the 25hrs. and everything is going very well. One car had two tires mounted in the wrong direction and there was a small visible tread splice, they were shown the consumer advisiory, then they remounted the two tires the correct way and within 30 minutes there was no visible tread splice.

There are 20 cars on the Toyo RR’s at Thunderhill this weekend. One in particular is Emilio Cervantes, owner of 949 Racing and the 2012 NASA PTC/TTC Champ in the 949 Racing Super Miata. He has not had a single issue with any tread splices. He also has done a significant amount of prior testing on his own dime on the Toyo RR with excellent results.

Toyo invites anyone at the 25hrs to come over to the Toyo compound and chat. Ask all the questions you want!! They are there waiting for you…

[quote=“philstireservice” post=69737]Update from the 25hrs. Just got a call from the Senior Manager of the Competition Performance Division of Toyo @ the 25hrs. and everything is going very well. One car had two tires mounted in the wrong direction and there was a small visible tread splice, they were shown the consumer advisiory, then they remounted the two tires the correct way and within 30 minutes there was no visible tread splice.

There are 20 cars on the Toyo RR’s at Thunderhill this weekend. One in particular is Emilio Cervantes, owner of 949 Racing and the 2012 NASA PTC/TTC Champ in the 949 Racing Super Miata. He has not had a single issue with any tread splices. He also has done a significant amount of prior testing on his own dime on the Toyo RR with excellent results.

Toyo invites anyone at the 25hrs to come over to the Toyo compound and chat. Ask all the questions you want!! They are there waiting for you…[/quote]

That’s great news! I’m heading up there tomorrow and will chat with them too…

Splitters are no longer legal. Crap, now I have to change my sig.
:lol:

Going back to the adjustable rear perch issue, can someone please explain to me the question that this was the answer to?

National suggested it might be a good idea to go to coilovers ala Pro3. As I understand it, this was the compromise.

1. Appendix D. – Engine performance
    To be added in the next 7 days.

That makes no sense to me whatsoever.

[quote=“Foglght” post=71562]10. Appendix D. – Engine performance
To be added in the next 7 days.[/quote]

Under-promise and Over-deliver? Oh wait. :slight_smile:

[quote=“dgorman” post=71564][quote=“Foglght” post=71562]10. Appendix D. – Engine performance
To be added in the next 7 days.[/quote]

Under-promise and Over-deliver? Oh wait. :)[/quote]

I’m just funnin…though I am still kind of wondering where the rule is?