How can I quiet the spec exhaust for autocrossing?

I normally autocross my SpecE30, but the new spec exhaust probably won’t meet the 96 db sound limit. What can I do to make it quieter just for autocross events?

Thanks!

Slide a tip on the end and point it down?
Install a supertrapp on the end?

M3Bill wrote:

[quote]I normally autocross my SpecE30, but the new spec exhaust probably won’t meet the 96 db sound limit. What can I do to make it quieter just for autocross events?

Thanks![/quote]

I’d be surprised if it is too loud. But you might try one of those bolt on down turned pipes. There was a thread on NASAforums in the southeast section about this subject last year right before we went to Roebling. You might find something helpful there.

Sorry… but that’s all I got.

Stuff a bunch of steel wool in the tail pipe.

Don’t autocross.

Bill, what fun is a 45mph drift when you’re now good at 90mph drifts?

Regards, Robert Patton

Patton wrote:

[quote]Don’t autocross.
[/quote]

That is an excellent point, one only has to refer to the TV show Setup to see how well cone mashers, killers, etc race for guidance on this topic.

Geegar used to be an Auto-X superstar he may have some speed secrets, if he’ll 'fess up to them.

Here’s one:

“Learn to road race, autocrosser!”

Whats the hardest part about autocrossing? Telling your parent’s you’re g_y.

Calling autocrossing racing is like m_sterbating and saying you had s_x.

IndyJim wrote:

[quote]Whats the hardest part about autocrossing? Telling your parent’s you’re g_y.

Calling autocrossing racing is like m_sterbating and saying you had s_x.[/quote]

:laugh: That’s funny… because it true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9q30Ce2vwE

And the story continues…mild-mannered Bill ask a legitimate question and then gets ridiculed by his SE racer buddies.

Or, do you think he has changed his opinion about his new-found track friends.

Have fun, Robert Patton

We’re laughing with him?

Patton wrote:

[quote]And the story continues…mild-mannered Bill ask a legitimate question and then gets ridiculed by his SE racer buddies.

Or, do you think he has changed his opinion about his new-found track friends.

Have fun, Robert Patton[/quote]

Now, now… in all fairness to me B) I handled this like a seasoned politician and spoke out of both side of my mouth. I gave him the tuner kid upside down DTM solution then I piled on with the “Have you told your parents you’re an auto crosser?”

Bill knows we love him

In my defense, I think they are both a lot of fun. I enjoy racing a hell of a lot more than autocrossing, but I think there are legitimate car control skills that can be learned and practiced in an autocross. And for only $30 or whatever it is.

And I am actually competitive at autocrossing.

And I actually like the people who autocross with BMWCCA.

:lol:

Patton wrote:

[quote]…mild-mannered Bill ask a legitimate question and then gets ridiculed by his SE racer buddies.
[/quote]

That’s funny. I have never been called “mild-mannered” before!!

I just haven’t showed my true self to you folks yet…I don’t want you to see how crazy I really am…

:side:

M3Bill wrote:

[quote]Patton wrote:

[quote]…mild-mannered Bill ask a legitimate question and then gets ridiculed by his SE racer buddies.
[/quote]

That’s funny. I have never been called “mild-mannered” before!!

I just haven’t showed my true self to you folks yet…I don’t want you to see how crazy I really am…

:side:[/quote]

Well… we should have a Crazy-off while we’re at RRR.

IndyJim wrote:

[quote]Whats the hardest part about autocrossing? Telling your parent’s you’re g_y.

Calling autocrossing racing is like m_sterbating and saying you had s_x.[/quote]

OK, I’m coming in late to this, but THAT was funny!!!

Supertrapp used to make a short end muffler, don’t know if they still do. That should fix it.

As for the gayness, well, I’m autocrossing mine this weekend. Better than letting it rot in the garage until the next track event. :stuck_out_tongue:

ddavidv wrote:

[quote]

As for the gayness, well, I’m autocrossing mine this weekend. Better than letting it rot in the garage until the next track event. :P[/quote]

Exactly.

B)

scottmc wrote:

[quote]IndyJim wrote:

:laugh: That’s funny… because it true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9q30Ce2vwE[/quote]

How in the world did you ever find that video?

Funny stuff.

Thats from a skit comedy show called Human Giant on MTV. its on right now on Tuesday nights. The show is VERY hit or miss but once in a while they have a nugget like that.