How can I quiet the spec exhaust for autocrossing?

Friends don’t let friends Autocross.

Peakracer.com wrote:

As an auto-xer I find this hole thread upsetting. The explanation of way I have no friends is the only helpful bit of advice I’ve been able to take away from this :dry:

I guess I need to speed up my build project, quit auto-xing.

Do you guys think it OK to Sim race?

TeddyM3 wrote:

I have friends. They all autocross, too!

:laugh:

Yes, Bill, your friends do A-X, but admit it, they are different than your track friends, aren’t they? Some would even say “special” friends.

Okay, gayness aside, you can purchase my OEM muffler so you’re quiet (pussy :stuck_out_tongue: ). It’s from the cat back (so you could bolt it on and off) and not rusty. $50 and I’ll deliver to RRR.

Sasha

Bill - we had a 240z with a straight through exhaust we used to autocross. We bought a Supertrapp tip from Pegasus auto racing (www.pegasusautoracing.com) for $75 - worked great and put us in the sound limit.
Ed

That’s the norm for loud cars like RS-7s at Laguna Seca too (93db). Supertrapp tip, off and on real easy - doesn’t take up a lot of room.

Ex36 wrote:

[quote]Okay, gayness aside, you can purchase my OEM muffler so you’re quiet (pussy :stuck_out_tongue: ). It’s from the cat back (so you could bolt it on and off) and not rusty. $50 and I’ll deliver to RRR.

Sasha[/quote]

Ha! Youre coming to RRR? Youre screwed!!!:laugh:

Jones wrote:

[quote]Ex36 wrote:

[quote]Okay, gayness aside, you can purchase my OEM muffler so you’re quiet (pussy :stuck_out_tongue: ). It’s from the cat back (so you could bolt it on and off) and not rusty. $50 and I’ll deliver to RRR.

Sasha[/quote]

Ha! Youre coming to RRR? Youre screwed!!!:laugh:[/quote]

EAT SHIT! At least I know I’m not going to drink and get in a foot race. Can you believe my pinky still isn’t healed?

Sasha

P.S. You qualified like a little girl at Road Atlanta, even after 1.5 hours of enduro lapping. Bring it.

Ex36 wrote:

Yes, actually. Your hand looked like raw hamburger meat Sunday morning…