Help with spins

Mea Culpa. I have spun in 3 of the last 6 races I’ve run. They are all under similar circumstances; hard braking entering a sharp turn. Car seems to just let go. It feels like even though I get in probably too hot I should be able to get through these corners. Video link below. All comments here are welcome as I know I suck so you cannot offend me. I am really trying to understand what is happening here. Is it me? Is it the car? Is it wheel hop? Other info is in the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oobFBwS4TaE

Two things I see…anti lock is not working…should have never locked the rear wheels which is, I think, is happening. Secondly, check all the rear suspension to see if anything is touching when the car leans into the corner…that causes instant spin.

Put a gopro under the car to watch the rear suspension.

If you have IE rear bars and have the threads on the heim joints too long, I think it’s possible for the bar to hit the trunk floor before the springs bottom out, so may need to look at that.

If the rear subframe bushings are shot it allows the subframe to move under braking…have seen that on 2 or 3 cars,

Al

I don’t have ABS so it is definitely not working but I am going to install it. All suspension components check out ok and bushings are new. I’m thinking its lack of abs and poor steering inputs.

I never had working ABS on my car. I don’t think locking up is the issue. With RA (a little) and Daytona (a lot) there is a pretty big steering input that seems to initiate the spin. That input combined with stomping the gas could easily unsettle the car. That third one is very similar to Turn 1 at Roebling, which always required a ton of counter-steer due to heavy braking in the turn.

It does seem like the rear is breaking free quicker than I would expect. How many spring pads do you have? F/R and corner weights OK? Rear bar set on full soft?

Steve, in the video there is not much wheel in the car when it spins…I’m of the opinion there is a bind somewhere. If the sway bar end links are touching, they may not leave a mark. Proactively, shorten both lengths…no jam nuts, just threaded rod in the center.

The rpms drop when you start spinning so you must be locking up the inside rear. You need more weight on the rear and or a lsd with better lockup.

The only thing abs will do for you is prevent flat spotting the front tires.

does the car turn-in as it should? I noticed that in videos 1 & 2, steering input was not linear. modest steering input is followed by relatively sharp steering input, at which point the rear end breaks away. my thought is that the car might be understeering at turn-in, or you might be crabbing-into your turn, which is something I catch myself doing. in video 3, I think you carried too much speed, and that was going to be a handful situation regardless. I would start by swapping cars with someone who can match your race pace and do some lead-follow laps during a practice session to confirm that the car is loose before making adjustments. just my two cents.

Didn’t watch video, but I suspect that one of your rear brake calipers is sticking.

Had the same problem with Danny’s car, it don’t be happenin at every corner, don’t be nuthin to do with ABS or non-ABS, just intermittently as you have experienced.

RP