F/S: Project SpecE30

Already posted this in the classifieds, but figured I’d post this here too…

1986 Black 325 on it’s way to becoming a Spec E30 car. Just don’t have the time to dedicate to racing right now.

• Rebuilt engine with new timing belt, water pump, seals, etc.
  • Rebuilt Brake Calipers, new Hawk HT-10’s and rotors all around, along with SS Brake Lines
  • Full SpecE30 suspension, Bilstein Sport Shocks, H&R Race Springs, IE Swaybars and Camber plates.
  • Interior is fully stripped (including hours of removing the undercarpet tar with a heatgun and a spatula) The sunroof was removed and a replacement panel was rivoted in place.
  • SpecE30 exhaust
  • Car currently has 4.10 LS Diff, but I can change that to a 3.73LS to be legal if desired.
  • Most bushings are new, only ones that are not are the Rear Subframe and trailing arm bushings, but I have them. I was just waiting to drop the subframe.

All this car needs is the interior safety equipment and it is ready to race. Looking to get $6500 OBO, car is located in Miami, FL.

Car in the midst of the transformation

Head back from the machine shop

Engine being put together

It is a shame to get so close and have to quit.

Is the car running now? Street seat? Can it be driven 250 miles to Tampa?
I see it was an “es”…Does it have an oil cooler? ABS? and issues with the e to i conversion? Any old es parts (like the sport seats for example) included?

I have sent the link to one of my buddies.

Best of luck with the sale.

Don

It is a shame to have to quit, but at this point I think it’s the right financial decision. It wasn’t too hard to get to this point so I have no doubts I can get back to it at some point maybe a year or two down the road.

Car is running, and I’ve got street seats and belts still in it. I was going to run it as is for a while in HPDE before getting the cage in it. It does have the oil cooler, just hadn’t installed it yet. ABS is there. No issues with the conversion, we replaced the harness/ecu and all that, got it all hooked up properly and the car was running fine, cluster was also replaced with one from an i.

Let me know if you or your bud have any other questions.

Armando,
So sorry to hear you won’t be able to finish your build! Good luck with the sale. We should all keep our fingers crossed that the car stays in the FL region, especially since we’re losing Andrew to the evil SE region!
Keep in touch, we’ll be here ready to race when you’re ready to come back B)

Interested in any trades?

Nat, it’s not so much that I can’t finish my build, it’s just that I think the most financially prudent thing to do at this time is to get completely clear in terms of debt given the uncertain financial climate… It’s not too hard to get another one together, so hopefully I’ll get out there in another year or two. I’ll still be around at events whenever my friend is running in AI.

Michael,
Not really, I plan on selling this and that Orange Mini you see in the one picture and finally rebuilding a 72’ 2002 or if not getting myself a decently shaped E30 to drive for a couple years. Unless you’re offering up a 2002 in nice shape as trade…

I already own three race cars, so I’m not sure why I want a fourth, but do you still have this thing? Is it caged already? What does it need to be totally ready to run SE30?

Hey Scott, sent you an email this morning regarding the car.

BigKeyserSoze wrote:

You need a fourth because you had so much fun playing with us in June & SpecE30 is the place to be =)

I do want this car. Bad. I need to steal it pricewise so I can justify owning it. I had a ball running with SE30 in June and do agree that SE30 is the place to be.

Problem being, if this car becomes mine, the rest of you start running for second place immediately :slight_smile:

Hugs and kisses.

-Scott

Scott, you never threw a price out there… .trust me, I’m not one to get insulted.

I am new to the forum and spec e30 but
may be interested in the car could you
drop me a line with the particulars on
it jnewcomb@uss.com I am in the market
and if this one would be something we
could work with we may can work something
out. Thanks, John

Any action on this guys?
I’ve a bit busy and out of touch for a while (okay…more than a month…)

Someone fill me in. I’d love to see someone out there in it this year (even if it means I’m running for second place - hugs & kisses right back at ya Scott :kiss: )

I’m still working on stealing it then putting all of the interior safety stuff in it, then coming after everyone. How many cars are going to be coming out to run with NASA Fl this year?

Hurry the heck up… I’m looking forward to some quality time staring at your rear :wink:

Hmm, numbers… good question. Last I checked we lost Andrew to the SE when he moved to GA and Gary’s car was totaled after some up close and personal time in the wall at Roebling last fall. I’m not sure of the status of his rebuild at this point…

Looks like the field sizes might be moving backwards a bit for the beginning of the year, but I have high hopes that some of the in-progress builds will be ready to join us this year (Richard S/Ivan P/Chris D/John P :slight_smile: )

im 85% done with my build so im getting there!

yo Mr Lawyer dude

Just buy my car, it is ready to go…

Al

Al, I need to be able to steal it cheap. This is a soft market and I already have 4 cars. I should have talked you into taking that bet and taken that nasty diesel thing you brought to the UTCC at Virginia last year.

Already coming for your ass Scott, that is if I can ever show up to get out of HPDE 1.

Tobin

Tobin, you are so terribly weak it isn’t even worth discussing. I have the track record at Sebring in a Spec E30, give it a try and see if you can get within 10 seconds of it. I’m betting not. I may have a Spec E30 related announcement later this weekend.