Buttonwillow 6.23-24.2012

C’mon you norcal’ers! Sign up already! We’re just short of that magic “35” number we need to get the track to ourselves. Crash damage is no excuse, look at what Erick did to his car at the last race! Doooo it!

I think we out number you boy’s. So you local SoCal boys should be 100 percent and we will bring at least 21 of our boys!!! So I see no problem of 35. We have had a 30 car average! So lets get everyone coming from both NorCal and SoCal!!!

Technically Scott, you guys do out number us. However, SoCal has 97% participation from our drivers. So from a participation stand point, we actually out number you guys! So everyone that has a car that runs is on the list. Since you guys have average fields of 30 cars, it should be easy to hit 35, but we are only at 30. So if my math is right, NorCal is only bringing about 60 some odd percent of their crowd.

Don’t make me pull out the “SoCal rules, NorCal Drools!” lines…cause I’m not a afraid to use that one! LOL! In all seriousness, the SoCal bunch are very much looking forward to putting names/cars with faces and enjoying hanging with you guys.

What we want is some hard, clean racing in the biggest field of SE30’s SoCal has seen and meeting more guys in our class. We really don’t want to see a NorCal vs SoCal kind of thing. We are all about just coming to the track and enjoying each other’s company while having a great time doing something we love. More guys with the same outlook just makes it more fun. We are a newer, but tight knit group and just love racing. Why else would I post what I did about the track for the NorCal bunch? There are no fast secrets at this track, just what to avoid. Once you get your timing down, it’s a really simple track.

We truly hope all NorCal drivers do everything they can to make this event. Now come on ya woosies and bring it!

Boogadie, boogadie, boodadie…let’s go racin!

Weather update: cool with temps in the high 80’s winds from the NNW @ 6mph sounds pleasant for the end of June.

Hay, dose BW have plenty of ice on site or is it best to secure it elsewhere??

[quote=“poppy” post=66777]Weather update: cool with temps in the high 80’s winds from the NNW @ 6mph sounds pleasant for the end of June.

Hay, dose BW have plenty of ice on site or is it best to secure it elsewhere??[/quote]

And the schedule is out!

Schedule!

There is ice at the tire shop right near where the E30 compound is at.

If they run out, there is always a 10 mile run to town.

[quote=“SurferShawn” post=66778][quote=“poppy” post=66777]Weather update: cool with temps in the high 80’s winds from the NNW @ 6mph sounds pleasant for the end of June.

Hay, dose BW have plenty of ice on site or is it best to secure it elsewhere??[/quote]

And the schedule is out!

There is ice at the tire shop right near where the E30 compound is at.

If they run out, there is always a 10 mile run to town.[/quote]

Thanks!

I finally checked out some video of the ccw1 config. Holy crap, ccw counter clockwise. I guess I better come down for Fridays practice and learn the track. It looks good. It doesn’t look to fast though. Who’s got the record? I need to set my goals :laugh: JK. Looking forward to the weekend.

Oh hey, Whats the scoop on the BBQ. We do Tri-Tip up here in Nor Cal with fine imported beers. Drool…Hope it aint no Socal meat patties and buttwiper beer :slight_smile:

record is:

1 2:17.345 Geoffrey Sykes 6/26/2011
2 2:17.968 John Matthew 11/7/2010
3 2:18.138 Allan Hauser 11/7/2010

I would expect the times to be closer to the mid 2:15 ranges.

Midnight Oil is sponsoring the sat BBQ & Beer and I believe its Tacos! Hey, were poor in SoCal, we get Tacos! :slight_smile:

If you would like to do the course walk with me friday night, I plan on walking on track at 6pm. My offer stands for everyone. Ill share everything I know and everything you need to know to get up to speed quickly in this config. Im happy to answer questions to anything. Just ask.

Shawn

[quote=“SurferShawn” post=66799]record is:

Midnight Oil is sponsoring the sat BBQ & Beer and I believe its Tacos! Hey, were poor in SoCal, we get Tacos! :slight_smile:

If you would like to do the course walk with me friday night, I plan on walking on track at 6pm. My offer stands for everyone. Ill share everything I know and everything you need to know to get up to speed quickly in this config. Im happy to answer questions to anything. Just ask.

Shawn[/quote]

Shawn

Thanks for the info.
I’ll be Dow there on Friday for some practice and I’ll take you up on the course walk. You can learn a lot by walking it.

Tacos and beer sound great. I’ll be bringing a bunch of beer too from last months BBQ. Our last BBQ was a total bust. Not from the good food and beer, but we had kind of a crappy day. I’m sure we will have a great time.

Cheers

ill be there practicing on friday and will deff take you up on your offer to walk the track, i need everything i can get

Also, is there a Dyno at buttonwillow?

Yes there is a dyno at 7’s Only. It is the shop to your left as you pull in the gate.

[quote=“SurferShawn” post=66799]record is:

Shawn[/quote]

Shawn please correct me if I am wrong, but, didn’t Allan do a 2:16.4 in the race the same day I did a 2:16.7, and Matthew did a 2:16.9? That is what I have in my notes for Saturday Race(11:45am race time) in November 2011, CCW 1. sunday it rained no records set that day…

I do not think 2:16s are doable in the heat of the day at race time. I think 2:18s will be great and maybe a 2:17 will leak in during the race. also depends on wind blowing BW moon dust on track. During Q a 2:16 might happen, looks to be cooler this weekend.

Of course there are many of you who would love to make a liar out of me. I know Allan did a 2:15.5 in Q in November.

Shoe

Edit update 6/24/2012
You called it Shawn, I was indeed wrong once again. My wife and kids love moments like this…

Congrats to the racers who set new records and set the Bar way higher for all of us! This is what I love about SpecE30, it keeps making all of us better!

Thank you to all the SoCal guys who put up with us NorCal guys for the weekend crowding up their track! It was great meeting new people and racing with you all. Hope to race with you all soon… but on our turf!

Thanks to all the hospitality of the SoCal NASA group! Great event, sorry I could not attend both days. Really enjoyed the time I was there.

Congrats to the podium finishers both days. I think I heard it was the same three charactors.

Sorry to hear a few cars were injured, but that’s racing, of course. Hopefully this cross over can become a tradition.

Shawn, Steve and Seth thanks for all you did to make this happen. Your hospitality and generousity were greatly appreciated.

Thanks to Ryan for giving us our own group. and to making the GoRacing TV thing happen. I am very anxious to see the program. I kept waiting for Pump and Big Dave to make it interesting,…I was draggin’ my brakes as much as I could. :slight_smile:

I was hoping to play with Allan and Rius, they showed good Southern hospitality and just stopped to let me by. Such kind young gentlemen.

The NorCal championship looks to still be pretty tight.

Here is my video of the first several laps of Saturdays California Crown race:
https://vimeo.com/44663349

BTW hope you guys taped the F1 European GP, it was almost as good as watching spec E30.

Fellow racers,

I wanted to thank all the people that came to me at the end of the race with condolences, I was still pretty upset about the 4 wide turn 1 move that took me out at the start of the race.

Thanks again it means a lot to me!

Poppy

It was a good time! The track was a lot of fun and faster than I thought at first. Thanks Shawn for all the good info and to all the SoCal racers for great racing! I think my best time of the weekend was a 2:16:6

Thanks to the shoe for the lead follow and tips also!

It was a pleasure, although the tow back to Reno took forever! :slight_smile:

I too want to thank the SoCal group for a great race weekend. I had an awesome time although I was way off the pace it was a great time!!!
Congratulations to everyone for a great show!!!

Scott

Hey everyone from SoCal region;

You guys put on a great weekend. The Hospitality, the food, Live Band, you even brought in great weather, how cool is that! Oh and the racing was a blast.

Let’s do it again.

Cheers

Gentleman,

On behalf of the entire SoCal gang, Shawn and I thank each and every one of you for making the drive to Buttonwillow Race Park for the inagural Calfornia Crown event. We both feel the event was a huge success and that we should do this again next year.

Personally, I want to thank the guys who made it a point to take the time to come over and shake my hand and say thank you. It was very much appreciated that the effort was not wasted and that a good time was had. I am also very sorry that I did not get to spend more time getting to know more of our NorCal bretheren. That being said, I did get to meet and talk with a host of drivers and really am hoping to see you guys at another one of our events. If I can help make that happen for any of you, please let me know.

I can’t give a big enough congratulations to our new King of the Crown…Nice drive young man! I keep tellin’ the guys, orange cars are just plain faster! :whistle:

You guys should be wearing your shirts with pride and display your CA Crown stickers as badges of honor.

I hope everyone made it home safe and sound and I look forward to our next event together.

Steve Stepanian

PS. I think I still have some shirts left over if anyone that didn’t make it to the event to get one would like one. I also have some of the event decals, too. Sorry, the M & M’s are gone!

Steve

I definitely want one of those shirts. I’ll trade you a BTM Motorwerks sweatshirt. I have one just for your man-ly figure. :-). Wheredo I send it to?