2016 Rules Comments

Shawn…I would like to address a problem with the “water wetter (or such) only” statement. There needs to be a provision for a rust inhibitor additive. Otherwise, cooling system will rust in a couple of weeks.

True or an addition recommending distilled water.

Also, just curious… what is the reasoning behind requiring that suspension bushings be “commercially available”? I was planning on making my own bushings on a lathe. I’ve known a number of people outside of the SE30 community who have done this. It’s an easy way to cut costs.

Can I buy a pair from you? (Say yes)

No.

Oh wait. Suuuuuuuuuuure :wink:

No.

Oh wait. Suuuuuuuuuuure ;)[/quote]

And, sir, are they available in largely unlimited quantities and marketed by you as OEM replacements? (say yes)

According to Redline and AMSOIL, both of their products contain rust inhibitor. Your perception is that additional rust inhibitor should be added?

Good to see you Chuck . You on the SpecE30 fb page?

Condor sells drivetrain bushings for a song. Lots of us are running their bushings.

I have used water wetter alone with deionized water and had the cooling system turn bright orange in a couple of weeks. There are commercially available rust inhibitors available, plus the addition of perhaps a quart of regular antifreeze would provide protection without causing slickness problems.

Can we update the “Allowed ECU Models” table (Appendix B) to identify the “0 261 200 153” ECU as a Motronic 1.1 ECU?

Kinda freaked me out for a few minutes when I read my 12/86 build car probably had a 1.1 ECU. Since I remembered that the rules only allowed for 1.3 ECUs, it made me wonder if I’d need to go buy one just to be legal. I didn’t have the ECU number on me (would’ve been faster), but after some research I found out that the table is wrong.

In reality, the “0 261 200 153” in the “Allowed ECU Models” table incorrectly marks that ECU as 1.3 when it’s really a 1.1.

Som

Good spot. Next Fall when it comes time to debate 2017 rule changes, you might email the Motronic version issue to Steve, your regional director.