WTB - SE30 Race Car

Well, after 20+ years on the track I think the old #51 is ready for retirement. (Those of you who saw the car at Roebling in January would surely agree!) So, I’m looking for a new (to me) SE30 race car. I’d like to find a straight car with less than 18 months of racing history. An above average engine would be a plus. A race ready, fully built car would be fine or an ‘in-process’ build would be OK, as long as everything is in line with SE30 rules.

I’m not interested in a street car donor - I don’t have the time or patience for that.

I checked the classifieds on this forum, but nothing there is quite right.

Please contact me with a PM via this forum or in a post on this thread if you have a car or suggestion.

Thanks and see you soon.

Jon Stroup

https://www.facebook.com/lightningd/media_set?set=a.10153988044070798.1073741834.578270797&type=3

Negotiable (i.e. minus radios, traqmate), so we can chat.

Jon, this is a damn good car. You will shave 3 sec off your time at Rd Atlanta immediately.

I have a 86 325es that has been started, Has cage built and Spec Suspension done then never finished, will let it go some what cheap. Let me know and i will send some pictures. car has been parked in my driveway for about 2 years so it needs a lot of work to make it track ready.

Talked to Raymond, the owner, and this sounds like a great value for his asking price of $3500.Needs an “i” engine swap.

I have a friend in the area and may use the car as an excuse to have dinner with him on Thursday. If I have a chance to look at the car I’ll let everyone know to rush to buy it.

RP

I believe that the #77 from Southern California is for sale now. Handles great and well sorted. Kept up very well and was on track last weekend. I had a hell of time passing it. VERY competitive, solid car.

Also, rumor has it that the Blue #00 SoCal SE30 Rental Racer car is going to be for sale at the end of the SoCal Season. This car finished 3rd at the WSC at Laguna Seca last year and has won the SoCal Regional Championship 2 years in a row. Very compliant chassis and runs very consistent.

Both cars are 100% legal and are front row finishers in any region.

Thanks to all for your help. I’ve decided to start a build on a new car. The donor was purchased in Nashville and work has started. See you on track again soon. :wink: