Would a SE30 fit on 16ft open trailer?

I currently have a Miata track car but I am looking to move to SE30 within the year. Im looking at a 16ft trailer that was used for a miata. I was worried the ~1.5Ft the E30 has on the Miata might be too long for a 16ft trailer.

I apperciate any insight you guys have.

[attachment=1776]Trailer1.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=1777]Trailer2.JPG[/attachment]

a 16 works fine.

My trailer is 14’.

Thanks Guys

Mine barley fits in a 24’ with 4’ V.

Specifically…if the available bed of the trailer is 16’, the car will fit fine. Chuck

Michael, you have a whole living room in your trailer :wink:

Hank, I have a 20ft so I can’t speak to a 16, but you may need to be creative with tie-downs. As Chuck said, make sure the trailer’s flat portion will accommodate the car. You really don’t want to have the rear tires on the beaver tail section as it’s too far behind the trailers axles IMO. This could generate sway at freeway speeds.

Thanks for the posts guys. The seller ended up keeping the trailer. I guess the length works as he thinks his C5 Corvette will fit.

Oh well back to looking at enclosed trailers.

[quote=“Hank24” post=63477]Thanks for the posts guys. The seller ended up keeping the trailer. I guess the length works as he thinks his C5 Corvette will fit.

Oh well back to looking at enclosed trailers.[/quote]

You’ll be happier with an enclosed. It’s nice to have the shelter when the weather turns ugly. A 24ft would give you plenty of space for tools, pit bike, etc. But at 20ft will work as well…less weight, save a little gas.

I was orginally looking at going enclosed but I knew the guy well and I know he takes care of his stuff. Regardless I think enclosed is the way to go.

My first priority if finding a good DD/Tow vehicle. I have been looking at 7.3s and Ford v10s.

After that Ill sell my M3 and Miata to fund the Trailer/SE30 upgrade.

[quote=“Hank24” post=63492]I was orginally looking at going enclosed but I knew the guy well and I know he takes care of his stuff. Regardless I think enclosed is the way to go.

My first priority if finding a good DD/Tow vehicle. I have been looking at 7.3s and Ford v10s.

After that Ill sell my M3 and Miata to fund the Trailer/SE30 upgrade.[/quote]

Oh yeah, a diesel would be nice. I run a 2500HD with a gas motor. I don’t tow enough throughout the season to justify the additional costs of diesel upkeep vs. the fuel savings. Good luck in your search!

Ya there are pros and cons to both the big gasser or diesel. Im just looking for the best deal I can find.

I think if I wanted a DD tow vehicle and I wasn’t broke it would be a 2005+ liberty/cherokee with the 2.8 mercedes diesel.

would something like that be able to hand towing +8Klbs?

Well I think the cherokee is rated at 7500 to 7700 lbs. I’ve never towed with a suv before though.

I tow with a 2006 NIssan Armada. It’s rated at 9100lbs and seems to handle my 24’ trailer with no problems. Mileage sucks though, I get 8-9mpg while towing.

I tow with an old church van. It’s a '97 E350 with V-10. Does a great job. I have upgraded it as I tow a very loaded enclosed trailer but in it’s stock form will drag around an open trailer like nothing. Not that great for a DD but they can be found less than $5K. Just get something else for the DD task.