Wiper Assembly Removal?

So I’ve tried a few times with no luck… what’s the secret to remove this thing?? Do the wipers need to be in a particular position (before removal of course) to slide it out?

Is the heater box out? Have you taken the motor off the arm assembly? It really is like a Chinese puzzle. If you are building a spec car go ahead and pull the heater box out then the wiper assembly will come out easily, otherwise removing the motor from the wiper arms will give you a little more room, 3 10mm bolts but take the 10mm nut off the splined shaft of the motor and pry the linkage off.

Al

Heater box is still on, I did remove the motor and the nuts, so it was loose, but I couldn’t seem to wiggle it out. Sounds like my plan will be remove heater box -> wiper assembly -> roll cage.

The Blower motor shroud has to come out. It has four spring clips which connects it to the heater box. As said the motor comes out seperate from the drive arms. I allways index the drive arms at end of cycle. Mark the arms with a sharpie and finagle the drive out. The clips on the shroud were designed by a German engineer who was mad at the world. The unclipping isnt too bad. The reclipping will try your patience. FWIW the E30 wiper motor is pretty common Bosch motor. Its used on many cars. The stock number AutohausenAz uses will show the cross use. If any questions just ask. I have a common tool to use to reclip the back clips on the shroud (small carpenters baseboard prybar). I have removed a dozen of these and installed the same amount and its a 1 hr R/R after you do it a few times. The first time was a all day affair. One point I have found which is interesting. If any of the shroud clips (especially a rear ). The shroud will unseat a few millimeters and cause the blower blade to rub. Alot of kaput blower motor problems start with a shifted blower shroud.