Winterfest? PBOC / CCA?

Anyone coming out for the spectacle that is Winterfest? I’ll be there with my brother’s E36 M3. Black’s coming out? Don?

I would like to go but i need details. where is it?? what date is it?? that kind of stuff.

The Blacks will be there all four days but only racing on the weekend.

I’ll be there doing the sprints on the weekend.

Andrew Zimmerman and Jonny Allen will be doing the enduros as will Carlton Goldthwaite.

Come on by and introduce yourself. My car is #80 white.

Don

It was fun seeing you guys out there again. I hopefully will be joining after I get married.

I have some more photos but I’ll probably just e-mail them to you.

Awesome! I’m looking forward to seeing the shots of my uber-spin and near-miss in 5 on Saturday :woohoo:

Good to see you again! Get that car done and get out here with us soon B)

I did get video up from the event on our website:
http://web.mac.com/natblack/Black_Site/Sunburn_Racing/Sunburn_Racing.html

John’s race is in there, as well as my qualifying session (see one of the bimmerworld cars find the inside wall of 17 at around the 9 minute mark). The video from my race was very rudely eaten by the video camera when I went to transfer it into the mac. Grrrr!!! My repair attempt wasn’t successful, so I’m going to send the tape out to some place in WA state that claims they can repair, or remove the damaged section of tape and fix the cassette so you can get what’s left off the tape. Keep your finger’s crossed!

Oh, and as a bonus we added a second camera to the car for the races - a “driver cam” - that I’ll be able to add to the video once I get my hands on the new iMovie software that was released yesterday (yes Don, I know - what’s taking me so long? :wink: ) It has a new picture-in-picture editing feature that should be fun for this kind of stuff.

Use a video processor and the picture-in-picture gets done before the recorder even gets the image. So no video post processing necessary to merge multi camera setups. This one will do dual p-i-p. Allows a driver cam and rear cam. Darn cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-CH-Digital-Video-Color-CCTV-Camera-Quad-Processor-a_W0QQitemZ150323699528QQihZ005QQcategoryZ75397QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have to get married first before I can really start building the car. I know it seems the wrong way of doing things but my fiance wants me to have priorities first. We are getting married in Italy, so first things first.

Car will be going to the cage builder (hopefully Avery) at either the end of March or first week of April.

Then hopefully will be at O’Fest as the first race.:woohoo:

Edit:

Almost forgot to add my video (although not Spec E30 related).

It seems that we did a 2:37-38 Natalie. :silly:

Micahael,

Good line, nice smooth hands. 10 sec a lap faster? Dang I wish I had that kind of power.

Don

donstevens wrote:

[quote]Micahael,

Good line, nice smooth hands. 10 sec a lap faster? Dang I wish I had that kind of power.

Don[/quote]

"If I recall correctly, Jon Allen and I did 2:39.6 and 2:39.8 as fast times for the weekend during our qualify run. "

I believe Carlton ran similar times in his E30 (Spec E30?) during Winterfest.

csrow wrote:

[quote]donstevens wrote:

[quote]Micahael,

Don[/quote]

"If I recall correctly, Jon Allen and I did 2:39.6 and 2:39.8 as fast times for the weekend during our qualify run. "

I believe Carlton ran similar times in his E30 (Spec E30?) during Winterfest.[/quote]

We weren’t sure if they (the guys who ran at Winterfest) were all Spec E30 legal; I did not speak with them, but would like to know if they were running a Spec E30 car or with less weight/chip?

Granted I think those times are possible because in my E30 M3 (with just a chip) I was able to do 2:37s… A good friend of mine in JS was able to a 2:35… so in theory a 325is should not be too far behind those times…

Thanks Don. The car would be a bit faster if the brakes weren’t stock and had 25k miles on it. It’s my brother’s car; so we weren’t planning on using it. B)

The times posted by Allen and Goldwaite are for real.Those guys are two of the fastest out there in the land of Spec E30. Check out the E30 records and you’ll see what I mean.

Sure, they may have had a chip or a little less weight, but those items don’t make for too much difference.Good luck trying to catch them. They post numbers that the rest of us use as benchmarks for improvement.

Regards, Robert Patton

Patton wrote:

[quote]The times posted by Allen and Goldwaite are for real.Those guys are two of the fastest out there in the land of Spec E30. Check out the E30 records and you’ll see what I mean.

Sure, they may have had a chip or a little less weight, but those items don’t make for too much difference.Good luck trying to catch them. They post numbers that the rest of us use as benchmarks for improvement.

Regards, Robert Patton[/quote]

Speaking for Drive-gear.com (jon allen) only, the car was without ballast and on Ra-1s, other than those two items the car was spec e30 legal.

Patton wrote:

[quote]

Regards, Robert Patton[/quote]

I was not stating that those times were not real; I was only stating that I was un-aware if they were racing within Spec E30 rules. I also stated that those times are possible.

Oops, not questioning anything…sorry.The clarification from drive-gear helped…I just wish I could motor as fast as those guys.

Regards, Robert Patton

Are there any videos of the Spec E30s running at Winterfest? The video of the 335i is nice but with almost double the hp I think it should be a bit faster…lol

Don and Nat/John
Why were y’all in different classes?

Don
What were the other cars in your class?

Here is my video from the solo group. The car is spec legal without fire suppression and some other stuff. Traqmate had the fastest time of the weekend at a 2:44.7.

Enjoy

sir_gary wrote:

Yah I tend to agree with you. I was told James Clay was running 2:41s in his E92 M3; so I wasn’t sure if that was before or after his suspension setup. (He was on Hankooks…) The problem is weight and stock brakes (whatever they came from the factory).

epalacio19 wrote:

[quote]Here is my video from the solo group. The car is spec legal without fire suppression and some other stuff. Traqmate had the fastest time of the weekend at a 2:44.7.

Enjoy[/quote]

What car were you in? Any exterior photos?

The yellow and blue e30 with Team Palacio Racing painted on the hood. None of the decals were on, and I haven’t uploaded any pics from sebring.