Window trim install

Finally painted and putting it all back together. My 90 has fixed rear windows which were out for the cage (don’t ask…). Was shown how to put them back in using a cord in the track with soap and water to open the rubber lip. Worked great.

However, trying to get the window trim back on, which has sort of the same design only smaller, is proving problematic.

Anybody got a technique I can use?

Thanks.

Christian McIntyre
#62 Northeast Region

For anyone who runs in to this - my windshield guy pointed out that the trim has to be put in the rubber window surround BEFORE putting the window itself in.

So, pulled 'em (again:pinch: ), put the trim in and used the standard rope around the seal technique to pop the windows back in.

All set!

thanks for providing the updated instructions - I know it will come in handy in the future!
cheers,
bruce

cmcintyre wrote:

[quote]For anyone who runs in to this - my windshield guy pointed out that the trim has to be put in the rubber window surround BEFORE putting the window itself in.

So, pulled 'em (again:pinch: ), put the trim in and used the standard rope around the seal technique to pop the windows back in.

All set![/quote]

I just installed a new windshield in my car. It took half an hour. The secret is Turtlewax Ice car polish. The idea came to me because I don’t have any dish soap and I remember how hard it was to get the car cover on after I waxed it. Popping out the old windscreen takes two minutes. Most of that time is spent building up the courage. slipping the new glass in to place is not difficult; use a plastic wedge thingie for removing door trim to flip the rubber over the edge.

Now here’s the trick. Pour that ultra slick polish into the trim crack and rub it in. Now slip the edge of the trim next to the paint into the channel. Using that plastic wedgie putty knify thing, zip the inboard edge of the trim strip into the channel. Easy! And I didn’t have to buy that outragiously priced tool from BavAuto.