Whys the schedule getting smaller??

i know the economy is bad but i went to look at schedule for next year to see what races i can go to and i can probably only make it to 3 or 4 of the 8? is there another series i can do to while im waiting for the next race with NASA florida??? i live in in the Tampa Bay area so my closest track is Sebring.

Really would like to see NASA race at Daytona sometime soon

It is all the economy. I did two races this yeat (one PBOC and one Nasa) and that is all I’ll do do to the economy.

Other venues - PBOC, SCCA, BMWCCA.

Sebring is booked every single weekend for some form of pro school, club school, or event. It is a matter of figuring out who is there when you want to go and finding out early enough to figure out how to get in. I am going down Nov 15th for example for a PCA school.

Don

I am in the Tampa Bay area as well. My biggest concern is not only the avail races ( when I’m even licensed and prepped to race down the road) but the participants to make it worth while.

There were six of us at the June Sebring event. I think that we had the largest group of cars in any single class. We had a lot of fun if I do say so myself.

My advice is to continue development of your car to Spec E30 specifications and work on your skills toward your license. Who will show up at any particluar event is hard to predict but whatever you do you’ll have fun. Case in point, my first race in my Spec E30 was with PBOC a couple of years ago. I just wanted to get an event under my belt to learn the car before heading to Roebling for IFU-2. I was the only E30 on the track but I had a ball racing with a couple of Miatas, a 944, and a 911. Also, Sir Gary (one of our Florida guys) has done a couple of SCCA races and he seemed to have fun with them. Finally, if you want some serious Spec E30 competiton, make a tow up to a SE event. Those guys are fast.

Don

I had participant problems in my Factory Five, given that there are very few of them that run in Florida. My goal is always just to get the car there and start beating cars in a faster class than you. As long as as a lot of cars take the green, there should always be someone for you to chase, and there should always be cars chasing you. That said, NASA has a lean car count currently in the race group, but I believe they have some plans in store to bolster count in 2010. I ran Daytona with PBOC last month in my INEX Thunder Roadster and had a ball. I believe we had 5 Thunder Roadsters in total, and given that the cars have 110 HP, we were one of the slower classes, but still had a ball. Just get your car to grid and drive it hard!

-Scott

Like the other guys said… just get out there and go for it. SpecE30 is probably the fastest growing class in the FL region right now from June 08 to June 09 we went from a 1 or 2 car field to 6 and there are quite a few active builds in progress.

As Don said, knowing who or how many cars may show up at any given event can be a bit of a crap-shoot based on the current economy and individual schedules - but we have a hell of a good time regardless.:laugh:

Although we do try to coordinate as best we can here on the board to get to the same race weekends-any seat time in racing condition will pay dividends when the big fields do show.

Keep building & come out to play with us!

I hope to one day race with you guys at Sebring.

Just get the car safe and raceable and bring it out. Even if not built to 100% of the rulebook, get seat time and start having fun, and upgrade the car as you have money. Spend your first dollars on safety, a good cage, good seat, good brake lines, good harnesses, HANS, etc. The first time I ran my Factory Five at Sebring in 2006 it went 2:36 and I was sure that was as fast as it could ever be driven. The car has since gone 2:28 with a bunch of seat time and very limited development. Nothing makes you a good driver like time in the car and seeing lots of green flags. Come out and play.

ive done/installed the following to the e30
-Spec suspension kit
-Sway Bars
-strut bars front and rear
-compression check
-spec exhaust
-camber plates
-removed all interior comforts carpets, chairs, etc
-lightened up the sunroof but didnot remove it
-patched up all the rust spots inside the car with sheetmetal and bondo
-disconnected the AC belt from the engine,i thought to myself “gain HP and keep the weight”
-race rims, waiting on tires
-cage is mounted and waiting to get welded
-cross drilled brake rotors installed
-brake pads
-stainless steel brake lines

stuff still to do
-new ball bearing for right rear
-cage welding
-kill switch *need some pointers on a good one"
-short shifter
-new OEM clutch
-install race seat
-AMB transponder
-fire ext. kit

Looks like the other guys are hitting this topic/question in the Prep section of the forum… so we’ll keep the comments there. Don’t forget my offer to come on over and check out our car anytime you’re in the area :slight_smile:

well you live like minutes away from me so email me your contacts and we can figure out a time =)