Who builds a strong motor?

Hey everyone.
My name is Noam and I’m from Portland, OR.
I’ve been racing Pro3 this year in the NW and it’s not for me. I’m looking for a more level playing field.
I have horror stories from this pro3 season of racing of cars having a megasquirt ECU, and cars with just so much power that are capable of lapping 2nd place by the end of the race!!! Our governing body ICSCC seems not to care and shuns protests for the benefit of “fun racing”.

Being jaded from this season, I put great emphasis on a strong competative motor.

There is nothing more frustrating than getting better exit speed bumper to bumper on the car infront of you, and the other car just “walking” away even though I’m in their draft.

I am looking to buid a spec E30 over the winter and need a good honest suggestion of a reputable shop that builds great spec e30 motors.

It is also important to me that the motor is legal. With lots of luck, maybe I can go to national race next year and I want this motor to be competative at the national level but also obviously to be legal!

I don’t know much about spec E30 and will be flying down for races next year. I really appreciate in advance any feedback or advice.

If you also have any horror stories regarding spec e30 I should know in advance I’d be happy to hear. I don’t want to invest another season to the same zoo I experienced here with Pro3. My main concern, is it a fairly level playing field? Do you ever have 1st place outqualify 2nd place by 1.5 seconds?

Thanks guys and hope to meet you all in person. I’ll probably rent a Spec E30 at the end of Sept to see what it’s like.

Kind regards,
Noam

see comment in general discussion…