Where to get distribution block and braided hose?

Ok, I’ve got my got my OT and OP gauges and despite me telling the JEGS guy what car I had and what I wanted to do, and him telling me that everything I needed was in the box, it wasn’t.

So, I am trying to find all the parts that I need to get this stuff connected. What I think I need is a distribution block that attaches to the original OP switch location on the block. This block needs a 1/8" NPT (btw, did you know that in the medical world NPT stands for Nocturnal Penile Tumescence?) port to put the OT sensor in. It also needs a port for a braided hose that will allow for remote mounting of the OP sensor. If all the fittings were 1/8" NPT that would be best.

Since my schedule is so screwed up, I’m trying to find all this locally (to Athens/Atlanta GA) so I can get the work done tomorrow or Friday). Failing that, I will need to mail order all the parts and do it in July. I would have thought that most auto parts stores and hardware stores would carry what I need, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Any ideas about where I should look?

Thanks

Andy

Would this work for you?

http://leatherz.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=01&Product_Code=OilBlock&Category_Code=Gauges

Another vendor - less expensive B)
http://www.racersmarket.net/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=16&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=93

The NOS (Nitrous) types use 1/8NPT manifolds. Most performance mail order shops carry this sort of thing but sometimes it’s hard to find in their online catalog.

I get a lot of my stuff from a local hydraulic repair shop. There’s probably 50 hydraulic repair/supply shops in Atl.

If you must order something go to the holley website and search the earls products. Once you find the part number you want call summit racing. They have every holley/earls part you want but can’t find it unless you give them the part number. Also search the fuel fittings portion last if you need something really uncommon.

I would suggest installing the OT sensor directly into the pan and remoting the OP. If you’re anywhere near the midwest I’d sell you a -4 line to remote the OP for a few beers.

I found a place called Barnett Performance in ATL that seemed to have all the parts. They should arrive this morning by UPS (along with some 1/8" NPT to M14x1.5 adapters from Amazon). I’ll find out soon whether I got a bunch of crap, or something that will actually work. The next thing I need to find is some ABS plastic so I can mount the gauges in the middle air vent.

A.

[quote=“greensha” post=66285]… The next thing I need to find is some ABS plastic so I can mount the gauges in the middle air vent.

A.[/quote]

I recently sourced from this guy. Cheap and sooo much easier than cutting your own:

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102215

Gauges should be directly in front of you, not off to the side.

OP sending units, when mounted to the block or a distribution block will fail. Mount them and the block to the fender well and run a -3 or -4 line from the stock OP location.

You can make an insert for the gauge cluster with a tach, OP, OT, and WT very easily. Hold in with pop rivets so you can see everything at a glance. Highly recommended is a water pressure switch/light. Lets you know if you loose water pressure immediately. Should mount switch on the back of the head under the intake manifold. You can drill and tap a bolt 1/8" pipe easily. Chuck

[quote=“EdP” post=66287][quote=“greensha” post=66285]… The next thing I need to find is some ABS plastic so I can mount the gauges in the middle air vent.

A.[/quote]

I recently sourced from this guy. Cheap and sooo much easier than cutting your own:

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102215[/quote]
Nice find!

Well, my odyssey for parts continues… I’ve got the 3’ braided hose with 4-AN fittings. I’ve got a 4-AN to M12x1.5 NPT (male-to-male) adapter. Is the OP switch an NPT thread? I can find any any thing in my Bentley manual or online. I need an oil distribution block which I thought was coming with the parts I ordered, but isn’t on the packing list. I also need to get a 4-AN male to 1/8" NPT female adapter. They sent me a male-to-male adapter.

I’m going to Lowes in a minute to see if I can get the the adapter and if I have time I’ll nip down to Harrison Motorsports and get a distribution block.

I’m going to put a warning light on the dash right in front of me that will work off the gauges. I’ve also been thinking about putting a relay in the ignition circuit to automatically kill the engine if I lose oil or water pressure.

Nice find on the gauge panels. That’s exactly what I am looking for.

A.

[quote=“greensha” post=66303]Well, my odyssey for parts continues… I’ve got the 3’ braided hose with 4-AN fittings. I’ve got a 4-AN to M12x1.5 NPT (male-to-male) adapter. Is the OP switch an NPT thread? [/quote] M12x1.5NPT was a typo? Maybe you meant 4-AN to M12x1.5 w/o the “NPT”.

Oil pressure switches and sensors are almost always 1/8NPT. You have to look hard to find something in a different thread.

Here’s the label on the bag. I hope it’s a typo otherwise that’s another piece I have to find!

[attachment=1856]photo.JPG[/attachment]

[quote=“greensha” post=66303] Is the OP switch an NPT thread? I can find any any thing in my Bentley manual or online. I need an oil distribution block which I thought was coming with the parts I ordered, but isn’t on the packing list. I also need to get a 4-AN male to 1/8" NPT female adapter. They sent me a male-to-male adapter.
[/quote]

The OP switch should be 12mm x 1.5 metric. (EDIT: not sure why that label says NPT) I did this modification several months ago and used the VAC distribution block. A little pricey, but it’s a nice piece and very easy to remote mount.

IIRC, I had trouble finding a -4 AN to 1/8 NPT fitting for the connection to the distribution block. Think I had my guy install a 1/8 NPT male hose end, but memory is a bit hazy.

The optimal gauge install IMHO would integrate warning lights (e.g., low OP and high WT), rather than having the gauges closer to the driver’s line of sight. That’s on my to-do list.

[quote=“greensha” post=66310]Here’s the label on the bag. I hope it’s a typo otherwise that’s another piece I have to find!
[/quote]
It’s probably just a mistake in labeling and you’ve got the right thing. Thread a 12mm nut on it to be sure.