Where do you buy the Spec exhaust?

Steve D wrote:

[quote]I bought 5 systems and dyno tested them to pick the cherry. This one is left over.
[/quote]

That is SOOO Spec Miata!!! :woohoo:

Steve D wrote:[quote]
…I’ll leave the hood and trunk up, doors open. Have at it.[/quote]

oh Steve, letting me near your car would be a such mistake.

I can take an easy 30 min job and effortlessly stretch it into a 3 hour hair pulling task with few parts left over at the end.

Steve D wrote:

[quote]csrow wrote:

I don’t know where I will be paddocked, but come on by! I’ll leave the hood and trunk up, doors open. Have at it. Hell, I might even put it on jack stands and slide some mirrors underneath like those SEMA cars.:laugh:

Steve D.[/quote]

You should. It’s one of the prettiest SpecE30’s around.

Jones wrote:

[quote]My spec exhaust showed up yesterday (Wed Jan 7th). (Columbia SC)

I emailed him Monday asking for a tracking number. He replied that he didn’t have the numbers but was told it should arrive Tuesday. He did mention another person asked for the same thing a little earlier in the day, not sure if that was you or not, he didn’t say who it was.

Be on the lookout![/quote]

I got mine Wed as well. It was me asking about a tracking number. Was a little puzzled when I heard no tracking number, but sure enough its here and now installed.

I ordered mine Last Thursday, and was told it was shipping this week. Havn’t gotten it yet but it sounds like Paul has been busy!!!

jlevie wrote:

Needing a differential is it?

You know that little mistake is just never going to be forgotten. Is 410 the car number yet?[/quote]

Actually, no. I had a spare diff from another parts car. The rental shell is sitting there stripped and waiting for money. Kind of like Al’s “snowboarding companion”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway… The spare exhaust is sold.

I requested 410. But whether I get it is up to Julie Pantas!! If not, IndyJim will be happy with another combination of zeros and eights out there.

Steve D.

bmwpower wrote:

[quote]I did a search and found some information about some guy named “Paul” but nothing else.

I’m thinking of buying one and would like to know where/how to purchase it.

Thanks…[/quote]

Yes, you can also get them in the Southeast from First Place. in Tampa 813-333-1100… There are 2 options the die formed piece. or a cut and welded stainless model. for $500 with Magnaflow resonator. the 2nd one is a bit lighter too. best way to contact them is jeff@1stplaceengineering.com, or call.

treekiller wrote:

Really?! The rules state you must get them from Paul. How does this work?

not sure what you’re talking about treekiller, that is not a spec e30 legal exhaust. Contact info the the spec exhaust supplier is in the rules.
bruce

treekiller wrote:

[quote]bmwpower wrote:

[quote]I did a search and found some information about some guy named “Paul” but nothing else.

I’m thinking of buying one and would like to know where/how to purchase it.

Thanks…[/quote]

Yes, you can also get them in the Southeast from First Place. in Tampa 813-333-1100… There are 2 options the die formed piece. or a cut and welded stainless model. for $500 with Magnaflow resonator. the 2nd one is a bit lighter too. best way to contact them is jeff@1stplaceengineering.com, or call.[/quote]

treekiller wrote:

By the way - Jeff at 1st Place Engineering is TreeKiller.
Again - that exhaust IS NOT SpecE30 legal.

It appears this is his first post - so that could be considered spam… if not, my apologies.

Man, looked at the video. Interesting way to mount it.

Does it come with the downtubes (which look partly factory) or am I to cut off my factory tubes and clamp them to the exhaust?

Thanks!!!

you cut off a set of stock downtubes and clamp to that
cheers,
bruce

bmwpower wrote:

[quote]Man, looked at the video. Interesting way to mount it.

Does it come with the downtubes (which look partly factory) or am I to cut off my factory tubes and clamp them to the exhaust?

Thanks!!![/quote]

rrroadster wrote:

Paul called me up shortly after this post was made and said the exhaust was in the mail.

It was delivered to the house this past Tuesday, so I’d call total turn around time about 2 wks.

Like jblack posted earlier, Paul is a phone oriented guy. :slight_smile:

I’m in Norcal, here’s my spec exhaust timeline:

1/5 - called Paul, got the “shipped to the West Coast” price ($243)
1/6 - mailed out a check for the exhaust
1/21 - received spec exhaust

My timeline seems to match everyone else’s. Shoot for 2 weeks from first contact to delivery.

I was surprised by the quality, after hearing the stories, this thing looks great. Now will my next dyno result in more or less hp?