Wheel Stud Issues

I’m a little confused at the moment. I purchased wheels studs and upon attempting to install them they just didn’t fit. The threads were correct, but the length of the raised shank (unthreaded) was too long and wouldn’t allow me to get the nut on all the way.

I sent them back and the vendor gladly sent another set out that were the shorter length. They didn’t look much shorter when I got them and noticed there were two different types. Again, the longer raised shank one in the picture below will not work on the car.

Is there something weird with my car here?

There is nothing wrong with your car. The particular wheels used and whether you use spacers will determine if those studs will work. The unthreaded section of those is pretty long as compared to what I’m used to and I can see where that could be a problem.

I’d have to go look, but I don’t remember the studs that I get from Bimmerworld having that much unthreaded area. I’ve not had any problem with the Bimmerworld studs.

[quote=“jlevie” post=64281]There is nothing wrong with your car. The particular wheels used and whether you use spacers will determine if those studs will work. The unthreaded section of those is pretty long as compared to what I’m used to and I can see where that could be a problem.

I’d have to go look, but I don’t remember the studs that I get from Bimmerworld having that much unthreaded area. I’ve not had any problem with the Bimmerworld studs.[/quote]

Well I’ve been purchasing a lot of stuff from Harrison Motorsports. David is a really nice guy. Just not sure why this is happening supposedly only to me.

I don’t use spacers either.

[quote=“Foglght” post=64284][quote=“jlevie” post=64281]There is nothing wrong with your car. The particular wheels used and whether you use spacers will determine if those studs will work. The unthreaded section of those is pretty long as compared to what I’m used to and I can see where that could be a problem.

I’d have to go look, but I don’t remember the studs that I get from Bimmerworld having that much unthreaded area. I’ve not had any problem with the Bimmerworld studs.[/quote]

Well I’ve been purchasing a lot of stuff from Harrison Motorsports. David is a really nice guy. Just not sure why this is happening supposedly only to me.

I don’t use spacers either.[/quote]
What wheels are you using? And yeah D. Harrison is a really great guy. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that what he can get is ideal for a Spec E30.

[quote=“jlevie” post=64288][quote=“Foglght” post=64284][quote=“jlevie” post=64281]There is nothing wrong with your car. The particular wheels used and whether you use spacers will determine if those studs will work. The unthreaded section of those is pretty long as compared to what I’m used to and I can see where that could be a problem.

I don’t use spacers either.[/quote]
What wheels are you using? And yeah D. Harrison is a really great guy. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that what he can get is ideal for a Spec E30.[/quote]

D-Force wheels. I only have one set at the moment.

Going to state the obvious but you did have the rotor on right? Not just dry fitting. The one with the lesser mid part should work for sure. The longer one may work to and especially if using spacers.

Why would yo need the rotor on?

I kid, I kid…