What is the best way to add a dead pedal?

I’m used to resting my foot on a dead pedal when right foot braking…and with left foot braking is nothing is going on.

BMW had a dead pedal but the cars I’ve seen (2 so far) had the cage in the way. From the limited pictures online this seems to be the norm.

How did you add a dead pedal or what do you do in lieu of a dead pedal?

Cage should have a bar that goes from the forward vertical member (under A pillar) to the footwell. The purpose of this bar is to protect your ankles and it doesn’t count against the “cage can only have 6 anchor points” rule. There are dead pedals that fasten to the footwell bar, both welded on and clamped on. I have a clamped on model. I looked around trying to find someone selling an example of my clamped on dead pedal, but I couldn’t find one. So maybe mine was a custom job with a pedal welded on to a big-ass 4 bolt clamp. It came with my first SpecE30 so I don’t know the actual source of the deadpedal.

Link to the clamped version?

See “I looked around trying to find someone selling an example of my clamped on dead pedal, but I couldn’t find one”

Can you post a picture?

When I looked at the footwell the pedal where all close together and there was very little space to the left of the clutch and right of the rollcage’s front post.

To my surprise, I found that I had a pic at Photobucket. That’s a pen sitting next to the deadpedal in order to provide scale.

Do you have a picture in the footwell also? I can’t imagine how it works alongside the cage.

Brackets to go over the tubing are readily available. The only caveat are most are for 1.75" tubing used in oval track and most Spec E30 tubing seems to be 1.5".

This is a 1.5" accessory clamp, $17:

DavidNJ,
There are two legal sizes of tubing for the cages in SE30 right now, which are 1.5 x 0.120 or 1.75 x 0.095, but most of the ones I’ve seen use the 1.75" tubing. You’re seeing the opposite?

My last car didn’t have footwell bars so I made one the bolted to the floor and firewall. Bent up some 1/8 steel and welded a side plate. The texture is just weld beads.