What FL NASA races are you attending this year?

Ok, our FL seasons starts off at Homestead, January 10-11. Who plans on going or better yet, anyone have a list of FL region NASA races they plan on attending this year?

Since our Spec E30 group is so small we should work together to try to get the same races this year.

Thoughts?

I agree we should attend as many of the same races as possible.

At the moment the only firm races on my schedule are Starke in Feb and Sebring Short course in Mar. I may do Homestead in April but it is very much budget dependent.

I may also do the CCA race at Winterfest but I am not sure.

I looked for PBOC, SCCA, and BMWCCA schedules and did not find much…I’d like to do a SCCA regional with you some time before May but I could not find their 2009 schedule.

Don

That would definitely be a good idea.

January is Winterfest for us.

John & I already had plans to attend the Feb Starke race and in March (if we were to follow our standard schedule of alternating race weekends with instructing weekends) we would end up in the right hand seat for the weekend. However, if we want to maximize our opportunities while Don’s car is still in FL I think we could have our arms twisted to run the race instead B)

Don, any idea of when the car heads North for the summer with your partner?:wink:

Here’s my guess at the rest of the year’s schedule. None of this is written in stone as this hasn’t been discussed with the other half of the team :stuck_out_tongue: More of a thinking out loud kind of thing…

April - instruct @ H-M (of course if Don’s car is still here and he can race, that’s subject to change :slight_smile: )
May - race @ H-M
Jun - instruct @ SIR
July - do we dare drag ourselves up to Lowes to race with SE guys? Especially if rumors of IFU3 happening come true?
Aug - race @ Road Atlanta with NASA SE
Sept - ? @ PBIR
Oct - race @ Road Atlanta with BMW CCA for O’fest
Nov - ? @ Starke
Dec - ? @ H-M

natblack wrote:

[quote]

Don, any idea of when the car heads North for the summer with your partner?:wink:

[quote]

Our standard plan is May 15-Nov 15 plus or minus a week or two depending upon our schedules.

I could probably have the car back for the NOV Starke event.

Plus - we may meet in Road Atlanta for O’Fest.

Don

donstevens wrote:

[quote]Plus - we may meet in Road Atlanta for O’Fest.

Don[/quote]

Cool!
The hotel/resort for O’fest is open for reservations… you may want to look at making a reservation since the majority of the weeks other activities are there (except for DE/Car Control/Races-duh!) and apparently it’s pretty close to the track (if I remember correctly). This is opposed to when they had O’fest in Greeenville, SC for 2000 and the track events were still at RA (at least an hour-and-a-half drive that required a second hotel room for the night prior). Already made our reservation. Sounds nice.
And the ALMS Petit LeMans 12 hour is the weekend prior to O’fest. Last time (2000) they had a pretty cool coral set up for CCA at the race.

http://www.bmwccaofest.org/