Wanted: Open Car Trailer

Hope this is the right place for this…

I’m looking to buy an open trailer for hauling my e30 to and from the track. I’m looking for something like this:

* Length: around 16ft
* Empty weight: 1800 lb. or less
* Dual axle
* Electric brakes (preferably on both axles)
* Ramps (and dovetail would be nice)
* Located within a day's (round trip) drive of Washington DC

If you or someone you know has something like this for sale, please respond I’ll get you my contact info. Thanks!

If you are looking for a new one, here is the one that I just ordered.
http://www.econotrailer.com/FUL.html
The 15 ft trailer w/ 4 brakes is $1900. Tell you how it is, and how long the round trip time from DC is next week when I pick it up.

I bought a new Kaufman out of Lexington, NC. It’s a 16 ft. w/ dovetail, dual axle brakes, a removable fender, and a full-size mounted spare. It’s an open-center trailer that weighs around 1,700 lbs. empty. The basic trailer is like $1,790 (or a dollar per pound!) and the options listed above brought it to $2,000. I looked around for a used one, but they don’t seem to depreciate much at all; I ultimately lost patience and just bought a new one.

Good luck,
Sasha

Thanks. Sounds exactly like the Bri-Mar that I’m thinking about getting.

I ran into a guy at a BMW event a few weeks back who had this trailer. He had problems with the ramps popping off when loading and unloading. Might have been because he was unhooking the trailer from the tow vehicle… anyway, I think I’ll go with it if nothing used comes up.

Just to update: I picked up a new Bri-Mar last week at Trailer Enterprises in Hagerstown, MD. Used it for my first haul - 500 miles one way to CMP! Everything went really well… the trailer is excellent.

Now I want a new truck. :blush: