VIR thread

What’s the Australian sprint that is on the registration page?

Who’s in for karting Saturday night?

Who’s bringing me a dead (o)possum per earlier request?

I think the Aussie sprint is similar to the SpecE30 IFU-2.

Basically reverse the field and stagger release times by perceived speed/times so that theoretically everyone crosses finish line together.

[quote=“ctbimmer” post=78499]I think the Aussie sprint is similar to the SpecE30 IFU-2.

Basically reverse the field and stagger release times by perceived speed/times so that theoretically everyone crosses finish line together.[/quote]
Heck, I’d totally be in for that. I’m so awful at VIR I might be on the pole. I’d have to get pics.

I’m just happy you gave me a new excuse to once again say IFU-2. Love the way it rolls off the tongue!

Chuck, dude, you need to get out more.

I have done a couple of those with NASA MA, they are definitely worth it, gives you a chance to race with people other than the usual suspects…

Al

I’m planning to be there. Might be up for karting if that comes to fruition. Hopefully we have more than the 6 SpecE30s that showed up for July. And preferably some mid-pack guys for me to actually race with this time so I don’t feel like I’m simply turning HPDE laps.

I’m signed up for Sat-Sun and pursuit.

I’m in

Come one boys and girls lets get those signups rolling. You SE types, if you’ve not been to VIR before, you’re missing the most fun track within reasonable towing range of the SE. And, the weekend is complete with Friday trackday goodness.

I’m definitely in for VIR. I’ll be there for the Friday track day, and also the Australian Sprint. If we can put together some karting, I’d be in for that too. Woohoo!

Anyone looking to split a hotel at VIR? Shoot me a message if you’re interested. I’ve got rooms booked at VIR, and at the Courtyard in Danville (for cheaper) as placeholders. Looking to save a couple bucks.
-Vic

Dang Larry Fraser ain’t messing around this year either. He’s signed up for the March VIR.

Race reports?

sat race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdMKeE-_FCU

sunday race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJbYV0HhFJY