VIR October 9-10th

Anybody going? Participant list came out and it’s lacking any Spec E30 presence.

I should be there Fri-Sun. Can’t sign up until the week of tho. Some things at work need to go right for me to be able to do it.

I’m instructing…

Will also like to meet and talk shop with ya’ll. Please be kind and tell me ALL the dirty little secrets lol.

Be safe in your travels.
W~

Lots of discussion with Spec E30 instructors and HPDE folks elesewhere on the boards. Looks like they’ll be learning how to do an engine swap.

Racers?

Have fun at VIR>

RP

We have two for the weekend…

anyone doing the kart enduro sat night?
I’m signed up and may need one driver… big boy’s need not apply lol

I will be around to drink beer but will not be racing, not sure when I am getting back from FLA but maybe Friday…

Al

Any Atlanta-area guys going? NASA144 a/k/a Will has claimed my free basketweaves. If anybody can help with transport, I am sure he will buy you a case of your favorite beer. :wink:

I’ll pack em on ice! of course there my be one or two missing :slight_smile:

I’m planning on going.

As of this date I’m the only SpecE30 signed up to race. What’s with that?

Ranger wrote:

Pure, unadulterated intimidation. They heard you had a new lump in your sled and they don’t want to be racing for second place. :wink:

Steve D wrote:

[quote]Ranger wrote:

Pure, unadulterated intimidation. They heard you had a new lump in your sled and they don’t want to be racing for second place. ;)[/quote]
I’ll have to work on my swagger.

Scott, have no fear, I just signed up today. Looks like Cobetto will be there also and Drive Gear crew is coming down.

I might be there. I’m probably going to pick up my car from Chris Schimmel this weekend. Obviously it won’t be ready to hit the track.

Any race results?
Paddock discussion?
The suspense is…

Hope it was a good weekend.

RP

the kart enduro was… brutal! 30min of pure abuse.

really getting comfortable with the car now. the new bushing and proper alignment was nite and day (F -3, R-1.9, o toe f&R). can’t wait for the bilsteins and h&r’s :slight_smile:

my biggest turn-on was being able to full throttle all the way up the esses… damn that was intense! of course i learned real quick to lift a little before south bend. two tires off, holy crap batman… i almost made a small poop poop!

sounds like my diff is making a “sheering” sound… ut oh! do i rebuild or get a junker?

Had a really fun weekend. Weather was great, conditions were great, made for one good come back weekend.

Saturday Race 1 - qualified 3rd behind Cobetto and Rob G. In the race lost 2 spots going in to 3 when Robert Grace went to the inside. Then lost 2 more behind a 944 coming on to the front straight. Chased Brandon Hey around for 4 laps, finally caught him and got him going in to 14. Found Rob G spun and pointed the wrong way at Oak Tree (not sure what happened). Finished 4th.

Saturday Race 2 - started 5th behind Carter, ended up chasing him all race but never actually getting him. Finished 5th. Pretty uneventful race

Sunday Fun Race - Started 7th, but was dead last going in to 3. Ran around and got by Hall and somebody new who I didn’t get a chance to meet. Ran really close with Carter, Brandon Hey, Rob G, and Rick M. Rick went off roading in 10, but saved it, however ended up pulling off a lap later (also not sure what happened). After a double yellow on the restart Carter went to the front, with Brandon and me behind, with Rob ending up in the back (bad restart). Brandon went side by side with a Miata in the uphill S, which killed them both in 10, so I got by him. Ended up dicing it out with Carter for the last 2-3 laps - pretty much the most fun I’ve had in a race car all year, we were side by side 1-5 and again 14-15. It was awesome. Finished 2nd.

Thanks to all for a really good weekend of fun!

PS Forgot to add Robert Grace won both races Saturday, with Cobetto second, and I believe Carter 3rd in #1 and Rob G in #2.

Alex, it was nice running with you and meeting you. I look forward to racing against you again.

Rob in VA wrote:

Same here Rob, I already spray painted the worn out mark on my rear bumper :wink: