VIR Feb 15-17th MA crushes SE again

Cant wait until the first Mid Atlantic event this year! Looking forward to a great turnout. who is in? out? DriveGear will be sponsoring again this year with a killer giveaway for each SE30 racer. Look for more info to follow. DriveGear also has rentals available for this event if anyone needs a ride.

Andrew Z
Nasa MA SE director
Drive-gear.com

Need to get the car inspected and aligned (new Ireland adjusters… hopefully it aligns right!), but assuming all goes well I will be there. Probably head over Thursday night and camp for the weekend.

will be there…hopefully racing.

Al

Entry list posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AoRtB2qxF5nOdFptaG1IYmRZbmMtMmhpS1V5SEx4TVE&output=html

Just 3 SpecE30 entries so far ?!?

spec e30 field seems light. I’m sure more will enter. Looking forward to trying out my new RR’s. I’ll be in DE3. See everyone there.

Cheers

I plan on signing up on Tuesday (before the late fees get applied). Most Mid-Atlantic people wait till the very end. So don’t let the numbers rattle ya just yet.

Damn, there goes my podium. :stuck_out_tongue: But good to hear. See y’all there.

Damn, I’m out. Alignment is still seriously screwed. Going to have to re-do the adjusters. Not happening by VIR. I’ll see y’all up there though, as I need to pick up some wheels and tires from Phil.

too bad! just toss a stock rear suspension in and run it!

too bad! just toss a stock rear suspension in and run it![/quote]

Working on sourcing one. If anybody knows of anybody in the Raleigh area with one available, give me a shout!

I have everything, let me know and we can swap it out on friday. do you just need the subframe or the subframe and control arms?

Just the subframe… thrust angle seems consistent so I don’t think the arms are bent. Much appreciated! Are you planning to get there Thursday or Friday?

I will bring the subframe and I will be there Thursday night.

Cool, thanks Andrew. I’m of two minds - it’s about 1/4" OUT in the rear now per side with the weld-in adjusters which appear to have been welded in with the adjustment range going the wrong direction. I have them at their maximum level of toe-in, which is still OUT. I’m worried that putting a stock piece on will just get me the same or even worse, making it a waste of time? Maybe I should swap the arms as well?

its hard to say because I dont know what pieces you are using. its not a job you wanna do twice especially at the track. we can swap the whole thing out and see where it lands…

Cool, I’ll PM you so as not to further derail this thread. Sorry for that.

This is awesome!

OK, I think I might be good-to-go without all the paddock heroics. Left the car in capable professional hands today.

I have a coplete assembly here in Norfolk, you could get this weekend. Only 2 or3 hours from here to Raliegh. Hell you could bring it up and put it on the lift and have it changed in an hour or two.

Thanks for the offer, Rick. The shop that did the original welding is helping me sort it out. Good guys. I think I will be all set. If the shoo-diddly-diddly hits the fan, though, it’s nice to have options. Thanks!