VIR 10/09 the most infamous smack talk thread ever

Great write-ups and videos. It’s been quite a while since I drove at VIR and the videos got me quite excited about the 13 Hour on Halloween!! Anybody else going to be there? I will be in an ITA Integra. FWD, RWD, whatever. Just get up on that wheel and GO!!! :woohoo:

PS - Just watched the link Carter posted. I don’t know who the camera car was, but he is a class act. When Carter and the red car come up on him out of South Bend, the camera car moves over and gives them Oak Tree. Then when the camera car is gaining on the two of them on the back straight and could have easily passed, he lifted to let them carry the fight down through Hogpen.

THAT is how to handle an out-of-class battle. [thumbs up]

Steve D wrote:

[quote]PS - Just watched the link Carter posted. I don’t know who the camera car was, but he is a class act. When Carter and the red car come up on him out of South Bend, the camera car moves over and gives them Oak Tree. Then when the camera car is gaining on the two of them on the back straight and could have easily passed, he lifted to let them carry the fight down through Hogpen.

THAT is how to handle an out-of-class battle. [thumbs up][/quote]

Exactly. We should use his video in the Comp Schools.

He was paddocked (is that a word?) right across the paddock road from us and actually came to me after the race to say that he hoped he hadn’t been a problem in the race. I told him that I wished everyone would let us race like that.

Carter wrote:

[quote]If you want to see some of the race, go to http://vimeo.com/7046552 and fast-forward to the 15:50 mark.

Pardon me for being so long with this write-up but it really is another example of great Spec E30 racing.

I’m looking forward to another great season in 2010.

Carter[/quote]

That view for Streak’s 911 was cool as hell. It is a great example of how the quicker E30s (at least the well driven ones :dry: ) get around quicker than the faster 911. Streak also has a heck of a nice camera (much clerer than most videos)…What kind of 911 was it? SC? 3.2 Carerra?

Don

donstevens wrote:

[quote]Carter wrote:

[quote]If you want to see some of the race, go to http://vimeo.com/7046552 and fast-forward to the 15:50 mark.

Pardon me for being so long with this write-up but it really is another example of great Spec E30 racing.

I’m looking forward to another great season in 2010.

Carter[/quote]

That view for Streak’s 911 was cool as hell. It is a great example of how the quicker E30s (at least the well driven ones :dry: ) get around quicker than the faster 911. Streak also has a heck of a nice camera (much clerer than most videos)…What kind of 911 was it? SC? 3.2 Carerra?

Don[/quote]

I didn’t get a good look at the 911. He did drive well though. Very easy to be on the track with him.

Here’s a post Sunday enduro photo.

Left to right
Jon Allen - winner of the Saturday afternoon sprint and second in the Sunday enduro.
Carter Hunt - Third in the Saturday morning sprint and winner of the Sunday enduro
Carlton Goldthwaite - 4th and 5th in the sprints and led the enduro for the first half.
Michael Davidson - Pole for the weekend, led one sprint to the last corner of the last lap and was punted

Carter wrote:

I wonder if Mikes arm being on backwards makes driving more of a challenge?