VIR 10/09 the most infamous smack talk thread ever

It’s less than a month away and we got 2 signed up:

Mike Davidson
Ed Davidson

Who else is planning on going?

I think I remember hearing that Damion Moses was going from the SE, possibly others.

I’m missing this one. Closing on my house that week and need to move.

another update:

Mike Davidson
Ed Davidson
Robert Grace

expected:

R. Allen
J. Allen
"drivegear renter"
Hunt
Cobetto
Bennett
Mariani

anyone else?

I am glad to report that every frontrunner I’ve spoken to will continue to run R888’s through the end of the season. It should be another good, level playing field.

yup, maybe, if my car survives the double enduro weekend before at Thunderbolt.

Al taylor
hopefully more than 128hp…

allenr wrote:

Thanks for the report on the guys up front. What tire will you be running?

BAM! Now it’s a smack talk thread. :laugh:

I plan on opening a can of mediocrity on that ass!

SE fo Life!

Just signed up. Are we doing another cookout? If so, is there anything I can help with?

Will you be running a mediocre tire too?

If that’s the case, probably rain tires… :stuck_out_tongue:

There probably will be some kind of cookout on saturday so it wouldn’t hurt to bring something. Whatever you bring, someone (jonny) will eat it. :stuck_out_tongue:

My buddy and I are coming up in our E30s for the HPDE and to watch you guys race. Can’t wait to see it.

Looking forward to meeting the Spec E30 crowd, other than Rev Al, who I’ve already met. (Not to suggest that I don’t look forward to seeing Al again).:stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like I won’t be coming now. Have some work issues that will keep me from making it.

Another update:

Michael Davidson
Ed Davidson
Tom Dymant
Robert Grace
Robert Ott
Carlton Goldthwaite
Robert Allen
Brandon Hey
Virgil R.(Rick) Mariani

BobO and NASA MA’s own Jon Felton will be taking comp school in SE30s. Not sure yet if Felton will be racing.
Still expecting several more…

skippy, jonA, cobetto, carter, silver?, Tbell?, Russell?, smith?, herrington?, sandmeyer?, kappy?, etc… where you at?

I am registered.

Where is the smack??

Rev. Alonzo Graham Taylor III esq.

Unless you registered very recently then it might not have gone through. Check for an email confirmation…

Im waiting for skip to watch his video professor dvd so he can learn how to use his computer and smack us silly.

allenr wrote:

[quote]
skippy, jonA, cobetto, carter, silver?, Tbell?, Russell?, smith?, herrington?, sandmeyer?, kappy?, etc… where you at?[/quote]
Sadly I have to go to Laguna (and don’t get to drive) for ALMS and TBell/Styles don’t want to tow 9 hours to VIR. Maybe we can convince them to make the trek down in the 1st quarter.

Unfortunately I will be a spectator in Miami rather than a driver in Danville that weekend.

[quote]allenr wrote:
NASA MA’s own Jon Felton will be taking comp school in SE30s. Not sure yet if Felton will be racing.[/quote]

As fun as it would be to have all you guys lap me at least once per race… sadly, I will not be racing a SE30 for Sat/Sun. Trying to decide on another option right now. Very much looking forward to Fri in one though!

Jon

Here’s the “final” list although we’re expecting several more:

Michael Davidson
Ed Davidson
Tom Dymant
Robert Grace
Robert Ott
Carlton Goldthwaite
Robert Allen
Brandon Hey
Virgil R.(Rick) Mariani
Alonzo Taylor

Hunt
Cobetto
Bennett
J. Allen

dherrington wrote:

Last week, Carlton, Joel (E30 HPDE driver), and I, watched Daniel win the Indy Lights Chicago race and it was great!

Good luck to you guys at Homestead!

Carter

FARTBREF wrote:

[quote]I am registered.

Where is the smack??

Rev. Alonzo Graham Taylor III esq.[/quote]

I installed a few new parts - plug wires, coil, crank position sensor, and ECU - and found two hp and 10 lb/ft on the dyno. I’ll have the sheets at the track if anyone wants to see them.

The ECU came from my '89 that I killed at Summit last October. We weren’t planning to swap the brain but the car started missing on the dyno. We swapped the ECU back and forth three times and each time it would run fine with the '89 ECU and barely run with the '90 ECU. Both are 173’s.

The yellow car might be a little closer to the front now…

B)

Carter