Vibration and Thumping Noise - Need some Help

What Happened:
I was at the VIR this weekend and something happened to my car and I can’t figure out what is going on :frowning:

This is my 3rd session of the day almost at the end. I was going around “oak tree” for those that are not familiar with VIR it is double apex hard right turn and while I was exiting the turn I heard this “CRUNCH” sound like something got snapped off fallowing thump in my steering wheel like I drove over something small… almost like driving over fallen tree branch. After that every time I turn my steering wheel, small inputs above 50mph like driving around cones there is knocking sound coming from underneath of my car. Its worst when I turn right but it does it when I turn left too. Also there is scratching sound involved.

I jacked up my car and look under and didn’t find anything broken, ripped off or else. I did swap driveshaft just to make sure it’s not one of the joints or center bearings and no difference. I changed front wheel bearing that I thought it’s going bad and nothing. I put my old wheels since I run different set than before and still same thing. I checked my steering knuckle for binding and it’s ok too. Everything is tight wheels are solid no play or any movements. The only thing I found at the end of the day is ridge cut in to my new rotor from back where my brake ducts are attached to a knuckle, but if I spin the front wheel there is at least 2mm gap between rotor and duct housing so I’m not sure what cause that my rotor is somehow touching my brake ducts. Again once the car is in the air there is no play what so ever. These are also brand new rotors so I know that grove was not there before and when I checked my old rotors grove is not there either so it must be somehow related and it is probably that scratchy noise I hearing.

Any idea where else I need to look? Is it possible one of the ball joints on control arm got damaged and even if the seems to be solid they can under the load cause this? What about strut itself? I try pushing the corner and it feels ok but who knows… I’m really lost right now. I can’t fix something that I don’t see :frowning:

Also here is the video of that noise just try to listen that noise once I start cruising with no throttle applied and when I turn from side to side.

NOISE VIDEO

I can see your wheel wobbling by watching the tire grooves when the noise is present. How well did you inspect the ball joints on the control arm and tire rod? You’re really going to have to put some load on them to see if they are loose or broken. What about the caliper bolts and guide pins? The scoring you mention on the backside of the rotor is suspicious.

Will be going to VIR tmrw to take a second look at my car and try few more things I will keep you guys posted….