Value of good rules from the start

anybody who doesn’t realize the value of starting out with a good set of rules should check out this thread …

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=12768&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

glad to be building a spec e30 …
cheers,
bruce

leggwork wrote:

[quote]anybody who doesn’t realize the value of starting out with a good set of rules should check out this thread …
[/quote]

Or subscribe to BMW CR list :slight_smile: (anybody seen latest SpecE36 ‘debate’)

Igor

Igor wrote:

[quote]leggwork wrote:

[quote]anybody who doesn’t realize the value of starting out with a good set of rules should check out this thread …
[/quote]

Or subscribe to BMW CR list :slight_smile: (anybody seen latest SpecE36 ‘debate’)

Igor[/quote]

Oh god, please don’t bring that over here. Like I need to hear anymore of it.

On a great note, Simon’s car is back from the fabricator. I’ll have to get some pics going here soon. The cage turned out pretty good, I like it. Cheers.

BTW, I still very much like BMW CR and I plan to race there again this year. I only am tired of the endless negativity and whining. It’s hard because I really can’t post to any of that stuff…so I better not here either. Move along, nothing to see… ; )

That sure is a shaky start to 944 Challenge.

Seems like just a bunch of whining about other guys building better cars. Sure the banning of non stock parts for guys that allready bought them sucks…but suck it up and make the change. If you can afford an aftermarket part you can afford a stock one too.

It seems weird that they are banning certain bushing materials though, that’s a slippery slope to jump on. You really need to replace bushings in an old car and it’s not any more expensive really to use delrin/aluminum v/s poly or some other cheap machinable materials. Sphericals are the only ones that get super pricey depending on the car.

I haven’t been following it too closely, but I believe the organizers said that the bushing material restrictions was a mistake and will be revised.
cheers,
bruce

robweenerpi wrote:

[quote]Seems like just a bunch of whining about other guys building better cars. Sure the banning of non stock parts for guys that allready bought them sucks…but suck it up and make the change. If you can afford an aftermarket part you can afford a stock one too.

It seems weird that they are banning certain bushing materials though, that’s a slippery slope to jump on. You really need to replace bushings in an old car and it’s not any more expensive really to use delrin/aluminum v/s poly or some other cheap machinable materials. Sphericals are the only ones that get super pricey depending on the car.[/quote]

Igor wrote:

[quote]leggwork wrote:

[/quote]

Igor[/quote]
Brother yer not kidding.:angry:

I really have nothing to add. Rules are good/bad in some respects. Before SE30 I was looking at CMC. Rules are flexible to make ‘tinkering’ legal. But reading some posts on here, I have opened my eyes to realize what spec really is. And I like it.

My buddy who is going to race CMC called me up all excited about rule changes for 2007. I can run Vette brakes, make a few more ponies, etc, etc. Insinuating how CMC was much funner than SE30. I answered back with: "Cool, you get to spend more money…" :kiss: